Terrible performance

Hi, I’ve been having a lot of issues with my game running smoothly. The game will lock up and freeze fairly often and also my FPS will drop to 30 or even lower a lot of the time when I’m playing, especially on maps that have a lot of breakable objects like on west march I will go from 60 fps down to 20 most of the time. I have most of the game settings for graphics set to the lowest just about so I don’t really know why it does this or how to fix it so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Hey there xXJred20Xx,

Can you get us the information from your “About this Mac” menu? Have you tried anything other than reducing graphics settings?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

and yeah, I have Vertical Sync turned on, texture quality on low, shadow quality off, physics on low, clutter density off, anti aliasing set on none, and have the low fx box checked. My resolution I’m running it on currently is set to 1024x768x60.

Okay, that’s a pretty old macbook. Can you try running the game in windowed mode and see if that changes anything? It’s possible despite the resolution it may be trying to run with retina scaling. Usually windowed mode should make things worse, but if it makes things better on a mac it’s usually due to the game getting scaled up.

It also could be another program fighting us, or the macbook overheating. Try closing everything but the game and try to prevent overheating by following this guide. Let me know how each of these steps go.

I just ran my game for awhile in windowed mode and it did seem to help a bit but it didn’t entirely fix the issue. There was still quite a few times that it wanted to lock up for a second or two. Definitely a bit better than in fullscreen mode though.

Thanks for giving those a try, xXJred20Xx! Out of curiosity, could you see if opening Diablo III in a lower resolution to see if this might help? This should be the “Using apps with a Retina display.”

Just to see if we can check for some of those lock ups, could you provide a SPX file over to techinfo@blizzard.com under the subject, ATTN: Caterpepi - D3 Mac Performance [22253] ?

This inbox is not monitored and will not send responses. It’s used to collect information for Technical Support to assist in troubleshooting.

When I went under get info in my Diablo 3 folder it did not have a box for me to check open in low resolution mode but it has it on some of my other ones for some reason and also I am not seeing how to send the spx file over. I put in the subject and dragged in the system info folder into it and everything but not seeing a send option or anything like that. Do I need to put something under “Cc:” in order to send it?