Team GR 150 - Manipulate seasonal theme x4 bannable?

Considering both scenarios, the one in this thread and the one you put forth as the hypothetical, affect solo leaderboards, yes, they are both unfair, though the latter requires the player doing groups to go back and rake the solo boards with their higher gear from group play.

What matters here is the original intent regarding the buff and whether or not limitations regarding time and/or coding came into play that left the buff in this state.

You cant be serious right? Read D3 ToS, you all accepted it. Anyway there is no excuse for using that exploit, they know exactly what they are doing, they do it on purpose and they know it shouldnt be working that way - they even said that on YT / Twitch.

Using exploit is intentional behavior, why they didnt make just video about that and reported it? Thats what you should do with exploit, but no, they used it for getting leaderboard rank and im sure not just single time.

There is huge difference between “finding an exploit and accidently use it” or “use it multiple times on purpose to get GR150 clear and leaderboard rank”. While i agree that those who accidently stepped into shadow of an exploit shouldnt be banned, those who do it again and again to get advantage over others should be punished. They are content creators and they are teaching their viewers that exploiting (cheating) is ok?

There no excuse for such behavior and there is no doubt, that this is bannable.

2 Likes

If in doubt, don’t try it out.

At this point they just should allow players to clear 150 GR with 1000-1500 paragon and few 90-100 augments and SOLO with 1500-2000 paragon with at least ONE build and just HARD CAP max paragon you can get in season to let’s say 5000.

This change would give casuals a reason to actually play more than just finish season journey or only reach paragon 800-1000 and quit season, cause either they only do SOLO GRs or are just tired of doing max 80-100 GRs in season, cause they don’t have 10 and more hours a day to spend on playing a video game running in META groups all day long…

Otherwise there will always be someone who will abuse any in game mechanics for they’re own advantage and every time you FIX it, you’ll ruin the fun out of the game.

This game is 8 years already just let players even SOLO 150 GR with at least ONE build without the need of having thousands of paragons and almost maxed out augments on every item…

So what if some players get 3000-5000 paragon in a week or less, when casuals will be happy to reach at least 2000 or even 3000 paragon (at the end of the season) if you just “UNLOCKED” GR 150 to SOLO without all the pointless nerfs to builds that achieve it.

Wouldn’t surprise me if you get more players interested in D4 if you actually did it, cause right now you’re only limiting the gameplay and punish most dedicated players by ruining their builds just cause they could SOLO 150 GR or came close to do it.

If you gonna do the same in D4, after the game is few years past it’s release than don’t be surprised if a lot of players will hate on it or constantly complain in the forums, but who am I kidding the game will probably sell like hot cakes and maybe even beat D3 in sales and than you’ll just IGNORE your playerbase, cause you already got your money…

1 Like

Are you sure that desync and stack sharing has to considered as bugs? I am not 100% sure. At least it was Blizzard implementing these mechanisms in a 5 before 12 action. As it seems there were no testing around to figure out the unwanted synergies between some weak spots of coding.

It is not about time to cry for bans. It is time for Blizzard to become active to stop that mechanisms - no matter if they are bugs or not.

Take this in relation to the S19 buff. Was this buff’s intention to make it possible to clear GR150 solo with any class - almost independent to gear and Paragon? I would say “no”.

Same season buff, slightly different question: Do you think the season buff was meant to be able to kill everything in game almost instandly? The only thing you had to do is to maintain your stacks and proc it wisely.

Again we KNOW, that this wasn’t indent by Blizzard, b/c they wrote it winthin an announcement. BUT on live servers it was still possible to do that.

Now the question is: Why is the current “handling” of the season buff an exploit but the S19 buffs and its handling not?!

1 Like

Again the question: Why S19 buff wasn’t considered as bug but S21 buff is?

Does it matter if it’s an exploit or not? If Blizz wants to ban you for something, they can, and will. Found a way to benefit from their screw up? That’s an exploit and they will ban you… instead of rewarding you for finding flaws in their garbage code, they punish you.

You all have phones don’t you?

4 Likes

of course they can at any time. the character and other stuff on their server is not my property. they can do anything they want with it. just read the rules again. you will be amazed at what funny things are in there.
moreover, d3 is empty. there is nothing really new or interesting there. if account is gone today, i will lose zero.
For single player there are epic games with interesting story and they also super cheap with offers. for multiplayer with good teamplay there are also very cool games and many are even “free”.

If Blizzard haven’t commented within a week, I have to try this. It’s a gamer’s duty to use whatever trick is allowed to have fun and reach as far as they see fit. If the authorities (Blizzard) say nothing then it can be assumed that it is working as intended.

1 Like

You all know it’s an exploit. Anyone saying otherwise is using it, and are trying to convince themselves, and others, that it is not. You all know the truth though. Obvious unintended mechanic is an exploit.

2 Likes

pretty much it…spot on…

They have now…

I have zero sympathy for exploiting these broken mechanics.

Its honestly the only fun way to play D3, since they have destroyed anything worth playing since 2012…

1:The dev’s had over a month to finalize for this season. They were also mute during the PTR time, and did nothing to publicly identify what people have discussed. This bug is the oldest one in the book, stay on the last level, see what happens with ur friends on the next. no reason to play sheep here boys, dev’s didn’t even bother too test that, and it’s inexcusable.

2: it’s not even a week in, and some have already made video’s covering this for exposure. we are doing more for this game then the dev’s deserve.

3: why condemn regular return players, who understand the fundamentals and have agreed on times too play together to be banned for fishing 150’s more then you have?

4: These players do 150’s enough that rng will have given them a good gg rift anyways. this logic, any 150 should be banned if it’s sub 8 minutes.

5: there’s nothing definitive about this being cheating. one could simply afk for a couple seconds as the group goes forward 2-3 screens and this desync is achieved.

6: why ban players who show it’s possible to clear max game content that deviates from the typical metas?

7: these players are the bread and butter to the dying backbone of this game, no one will punish them and their friends for fishing 150’s 3 days in. If they were found cheating, an account means nothing to them anyways, because they are here to play with their friends and stay on the front page.

2 Likes

It’s just shows the lack of testing on S21 seasonal theme and that it has NOT been tested enough while been made. Players who played PTR are actually the ones who tested it and found out the none intended theme affected by AD damage bug.

And now the abuse of stacking seasonal theme stacks and turn it in to a timer game… , where the players waits for the environmental theme damage boost to clear the GR for them …

I dont remember a previous seasonal theme that failed as much as S21 seasonal theme.

Hope a hotfix applies soon that saves season 21 before it’s too late …

2 Likes

This is what I pretty much was thinking, perhaps i should’ve been more detailed in my response. But also again I think it’s not really the players/clients fault for finding an exploit/cheat (Is this a cheat? I haven’t seen any official response from blizzard that it’s not meant to be used this way yet) that the developers released, if its not meant to be used that way then re-release the updated/correct version. Dont punish players/clients for finding something that they as developers didnt even know themselves. Even if they are doing it again and again.

It’s like in History class when your having a World Geography test and your teacher forgot to roll up the World Map behind them. It’s the Teachers fault for not knowing that they had that World Map open on the wall. You dont punish students like banning them from school, you have them take the test again without the World Map up this time. So in D3 just reset the LB and re-release the updated version, dont ban players…

2 Likes

What is with the students that finished the test without looking at the map because they know its cheating? Wouldn’t it be unfair for those having to do another test? It is more than obvious by the outcomes now (e.g. 150 clears without any DPS chars), that this mechanic was not intended by the developer to be used that way. To be consistent what they did in s19, there also should be consequences now, at least for those that adverstised this gameplay on public streams like it would be normal game content. Which it is not. The “world map” does not belong hang up during a geography test! A ban might be to harsh, I agree, but there are other ways to bring back fairness, like a rollback, or a temporary suspension. But don’t worry, in the end nothing will happen. Let’s at least hope they fix it and reset the LB. If not, then rip season endgame pushing.

I haven’t seen any 150 clears yet with zero damage characters. Yes, I’ve seen plenty done with only 1 damage character (the LoD necro and/or Mundu WD) and 3 supports-- sure. But if Blizz doesn’t want that, they shouldn’t continue on this line of powercreep. They must obviously intend for it to be this way.

Yes, that’s true. In s19, players were killing hundreds of mobs outside the Greater Rift and carrying the seasonal buff stacks into the GR with them. It has long been understood that the entire point of the GR is that you are locked, your gear is locked, talents etc. You have only your power, your wits, and the teleport button if you need to escape bad mobs and/or repair.

But I haven’t seen anyone (in NA at least) using stacks created outside the GR to benefit them inside the GR. Perhaps it has happened, and I just haven’t seen it yet.

E.g. EU leaderboard, 2 man.

1 Like