Tal Rashas not activating

I am using ray of frost with Etched Sigil offhand. The Tal Rashas set meteors are not falling for the arcane damage. The only way I can get arcane meteors to fall are to self cast tornado which defeats the purpose.

Procs don’t proc other procs. It’s working as intended.

6 Likes

I’m not very familiar with the Wizard Class. But, I believe when you first activate a channeled Skill, it can proc Tal Rasha’s. However, continuing to channel that Skill does not.

Also, to gain your four stacks, you must manually alternate between 4 types of Elemental Damage. (As @Kirottu stated: “Procs don’t proc other procs.” )

You might want to look this over to see if it gives you any ideas:

In any event, this is NOT a bug.

4 Likes

First of all, TalRasha don’t proc same element meteor twice in a row (it’s in description of theset). Second, as was mentioned above, proc can’t proc the procs. So you need ray of frost and familiar sparkflint to cats meteors from channeling. But in that case Mempo won’t make a meteor shower. Selfcasted meteor is better. And etched sigil is reasonable to change to TalRasha’s off hand

Also, Etched Sigil should proc only Energy Twisters.

“Old/legacy” Etched Sigil was able to proc any Arcane Spender skill on bar though.

Tal Rasha 6pc also states that “only” attacks trigger it’s effect. Procs in that sense are not counted as attacks:
(6) Set:

• Attacks increase your damage by 2000% for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds.*

Anyway, good luck with your Tal Rasha journey!

3 Likes

I was pondering to optimize out fire by using Firebird’s burn with arcane Disintegrate.
So that won’t work either, I assume.
(I can otherwise flip-flop element choice with Familiar.)

Combining Firebird-4 and TalRasha-6 is fairly viable, at least on my level.

I think you you are gimping your progress by combining Tal’s and Firebird. Also Star Pact is not optimal at your level. You should look at maxroll’s non season Tal rasha build guide.

If you then click on the window with the different variants you will get a D3 planner link where you can click on the “chevron” and see 11 different set ups for different activities.

Later you can work on the best season set up. (I don’t play wizard this season).

2 Likes