Tal Rasha's Build

Hello Devs,

I was using all the builds for Wiz, the one that comes to my attention is Tals, this build is basically near nowhere, so is an energy twister channeling build?

I think so, because of the buff that this set provides, but the thing is that, the buff is getting off when channeling, what’s the idea here, I still don’t understand how is Tal’s needs to be played.

If you don’t use Galvanizing Ward, you’re basically naked. The dmg reduction is also lost because of the effect above.

Elemental exposure is not in the UI, is hard to track in which stack are we.

u can see the element of talrasha icon stack , it got max at point of 4
everytime u cast diff element the stack wil raise, once it reach 4 u need to alternate between 2 elemnt to keep the stack up to 4

The op must mean the passive elemental exposure. That is nowhere to be tracked

It’s nearly impossible to see in dense combat, but there is actually an icon for it. It’s over each enemy’s head, and it gets brighter the more stacks of Elemental Exposure they have.

The reason why there is no bar icon for it is that it is applied on a per enemy basis, not globally. The same thing happens with all per enemy debuffs. There’s an icon for each individual enemy, not an icon on your bar. An icon on your bar doesn’t really make sense for per-enemy debuffs. It wouldn’t work, because it doesn’t make sense to have a single icon for something that’s applied differently for each enemy on the screen (not every enemy is hit with each of your 4 elemental attacks, e.g. some attacks have less AoE, so you might have a mix of enemies with 2/3/4 stacks).

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s as mentioned… and hard to identify. On a side note they could add an effect to the Tal Rasha set that does something like this:

“While on four Tal Rasha stacks, you automatically expose every target you hit to all elements.”

Okay, that would be essentially granting “Elemental Exposure” passive - but they sure need to do something to promote a multi-element playstyle more. And I don’t see it happen on the skill level unless we are talking about autocasts like Meteor.

1 Like

That’s actually a really good idea.

Especially if that worked with the Tal’s 4p bonus too. As long as you have 4 stacks, each attack gives you 4 stacks of EE, triggers one of each type of meteor from the Tal’s 2p (that’s not still on cooldown), refreshes the duration of all 4 elements for the resistance boost from Tal’s 4p, and refreshes your Tal’s 6p stack.

So basically you would only have to worry about stacking everything back up if you let the 4 Tal’s stacks completely drop off. Otherwise, once you stack up, you could just maintain everything else by using any attack. Would be a huge QoL improvement for Tal’s.

I’ve never really understood why the 4p toughness bonus is on a separate timer than the 6p. It makes the toughness issues with Tal’s a lot worse.

1 Like

Mhm… yes. The TR’s unlinked buffs.

That’s one of that sets issues. The other is that multi-element doesn’t actually work. And that’s the biggest issue right there.

The main part of the damage buff is obtained through dedicated legendaries with huge multipliers. The more items exist for 1 skill, the less possible becomes a real multi-element build, because elements are tied to skills and their runes and you cannot have more than one instance per skill on your bar. From how I see it there’s a select few options to circumvent this:

1. allow multiple instances of a skill in your bar, that means you can have e.g. Thundercrash, Star Pact, Comet and Meteor Shower for your attacks and have your armor skill and maybe Teleport or whatever else is there…
  2. another idea would be to make items/set buffs autocast skills that have the all elements… like auto Meteor from Tal Rasha… the casted rune depends on the element you attack/hit with
  3. get rid of several huge multipliers and have a maximum of two items per skill offering damage buffs… not realistic, but yeah…
  4. allow buffs for skill A to also work on skill B, C, D… very hard to balance
  5. offer buffs for a group of skills (e.g. your Secondary skills deal more damage)

I would prefer option 2 in that regard, if we talk about Tal Rasha set, maybe like this:

Tal Rasha’s Elements
(2) piece bonus:
Arcane, Cold, Fire and Lightning attacks each grant a stack of Elemental Fury for 8 seconds. At 4 stacks, switching between different elemental attacks extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 12 seconds. Primary skills deal 50% more damage per stack of Elemental Fury, and attack 25% faster.
(4) piece bonus:
You take 15% less damage per stack of Elemental Fury.
(6) piece bonus:
Each stack of Elemental Fury increases all damage dealt by 3000% and reduces the cooldown time of your Arcane Power spending skills by 10%. Your attacks automatically expose your targets to all elements while you are on four stacks.

Stone of Jordan:
All your static elemental damage bonus to skill effects are increased by X% and now affect every element available to your character class.

How would this help? Let’s see:

We can now add some items for the autocasts that make sense. One would be Meteor, obviously. Another one could be Explosive Blast. Maybe Black Hole, if it was to be used as a damage dealer (though I only see this one as a utility skill).

Nilfur’s Wings [Legendary Shoulders] [NEW]
Attacking with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning immediately draws a Meteor of the same element from sky. Each damage type can cause a Meteor to fall once every 6 seconds. This is susceptible to cooldown reduction effects. Meteor deals XXX% more damage.

Cathan’s Guards [Legendary Shoulders] [NEW]
Hitting an enemy with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning detonates Explosive Blast of the same element on the target. Each damage type cause an explosion once every 3 seconds. This is susceptible to cooldown reduction effects. Explosive Blast deals XXX% more damage.

Now imagine a playstyle where you use four different element skills to attack your enemies but none really deals damage. instead you gear for the autocasted skill and rely on it to kill things. It’s basically multi-element by proxy, but given the state of things it might be the only way to get that to work.

Hi there,

Thank you guys for the clarification on the EE passive, definely I need glasses, when is a lot of mobs is hard to tell in which state are which one.

My concern is that, TR was pretty fun in the past, devs have to define if this is a casting build or channeling, that’s the whole point, Meteor as now is just so irrelevant since we’re buffing Twister, when I’m channeling and I have to break it to refresh a stack is pretty annoying, considering that Deathwish is useless for 1 sec. Also, the DMG reduction is also concerning, when no stack we’re naked in high GR.

I love the nilfur’s wings to be honest, in fact, there’s no bracers that buff meteor or make it fun. Considering that we have a base of 740% Weapon DMG (No Rune) + Nilfur’s (900%) + G Vizier (400%) + TR Buff DMG.

Thank you for the support.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to introduce a buff to the elemental damage in the 6pcs. Something in the line of adds 3% elemental damage for each legendary item you have equipped. (Numbers can be tweaked ofc). 1.03^13 = 1.46 multiplier.
If this got the LoD effect double for ancient then full legendaries 1.06^13= 2.13.
That could be huge with the stone of Jordan as it is you would need less items with el. damage rolls to surpass the Convention of Element’s.
I started lowish because this and both those rings might become too much.
Would be nice to see this happening.
Lastly yes channeling is not so good for TR. At least not for long periods. That was my experience when I tested TR a few seasons back.

I agree this is an excellent idea. I am tempted to add something else… At four stacks all your attacks apply all four elements. If it doable then depending on the damage increase the set bonus has to remain low.
Cudos Lexa, you are an idea fountain no matter if I agree with you all the time I do enjoy to read your suggestions <3