Tal Rasha Comet in Non Season

Just looking for tips on any tweaks to compensate for the loss of the altar. This is for non season so no paragon caps.

I have 3500 paragon in NS to work with, so if there are any tweaks to the S28 Comet build, I’d like to hear them.

For example, is the lack of a constant supply of AP an issue now?

EDIT. I just noticed my profile is showing Firebird. I’m not at home to swap to Tal, but the build is essentially what a non GR150 speedrunner would have. (It’s essentially the build Tinne coached me on that allowed me to do GR150.)

I didn’t have any AP issues, not even with the arcane variant.

You can change Magic Weapon Deflection to Conduit. This works fine in season even with no paragon points in resource cost reduction. In non season you’ll have 50 points there. Only some single target Rift Guardians can make you go low on Arcane power.
(Your cube shows wrong items for Tal Rasha right now, but that’s a different story)

Yeah, the wrong cube items are likely from when I moved all the mailed Tal Rasha stuff to the non season character, but then forgot to set the cube.

1 Like

As people told, you can take Magic Weapon Conduit, but that’s not a hard requirement. With 1-2 resource reduction rolls (and gem at helmet), favoring some other stats instead of attack speed and concentrating a little on cold COE cycle you don’t lose almost anything before the boss, and even then not that much.
Stricken stacking will be slower and movement a little worse, but you need to fish and dodge a little less when you have more shields. Getting galvanizing ward back up during combat is so much easier when you have deflection.

I don’t know if your build now contains Dominion passive which was often used for 150 speedruns last season - but that doesn’t work equally well on 15min runs. Could replace it with some damage passive, especially if using Deflection.