Taeguk can use a boost

Perfect gem for the new set, but it could use a buff. Maybe 15-20 stacks instead of 10, or defensive boost to 4%.

That would make WW Barb even stronger than he already is,.
Not exactly a brilliant idea.

4 Likes

its pretty much working as intended

2 Likes

Maybe should nerf barbs then. Does anyone else use the Taeguk? If it’s only barbs, then nerfing them is probably the answer. Blizzard created a whole slew for gear for DH’s, and other toons to use. Channeling shoulders, hexing pants, this new set…
I’m all for nerfing the barbs into the ground if it buffs DH’s, and allows other classes to use legendary gems as efficiently as the barb has for all this time.

The better option would just be to buff the new set.

2 Likes

Tageuk is already a top tier gem, and is used for many builds.

PoJ Monk, WW/Rend Barb, LoD/RF DH, and nearly all Wizard builds.

There are at least a dozen gems that need to be looked at first.

3 Likes

You’re making my point. Lots of builds can use it, but none of them are at the top of the boards. Damage scales, but the defense at 20% isn’t enough for classes that are not barbs, or monks. Monks, Wiz, and Dh’s can use a damage buff. It’s a conditional gem unlike the banes, and can help a lot of builds. Boost the gem. Nerf the barb. Everyone wins.

like others have said, since you are so hellbent on making DH good, maybe DH should get a buff, specifically the set, instead of buffing the gem.

Buffing 1 gem = rework so many other classes and sets
Buffing GoD set = rework 1 set

I am not even sure if you have given it any thought before making the post.

3 Likes

How have I made your point?

PoJ = Top tier
WW/Rend = Top tier
LoD/RF = Top tier

I garuantee you, GoD will be top tier too. It’s doing well on PTR. Heck… even I’m clearing higher than my PB with it and I’m not a DH main. I have plenty of room for improvement from a skill standpoint.

DH’s also benefit greatly from the secondary ability. They stack Dex just like Monks which pumps your armour. On my GoD DH, it translates to about 5k armour (and even more if you use FoK/BA).

Tageuk already gives you more damage than BotT, and gives you a boost to armour on top. BotT is also conditional. I agree is pretty easy to maintain, but If a DH plays from range, they need to slow mobs somehow… usually by giving up a passive slot.

Yes Taeguk is conditional, as it should be. It’s already one of the most powerful gems in the game.

DH gets to use it in 2 top tier builds when 2.6.9 hits. Be happy.

If you want your build buffed, try thinking of something that doesn’t affect a lot of other stuff.

2 Likes

Tageuk is great. That, along with simplicity’s strength makes you a juggernaught killing machine.

1 Like

More stacks accomplishes you nothing, also given the damage increase, that high a Armor increase would just make the game way too strong compared to others. Especially if you are going for 40% DR in a gem that gives 120% damage at rank 100. Have you even considered how ludicrous that suggestion is? It seems not!

Apparently you have no idea how relative buffs work, otherwise you’d know that the 20% armor very good allaround. Especially since you say it favours Monks, but not monks.

I really think you should take some time and actually think about your suggestions, and keep PTR Feedback forum to PTR Feedback threads, and post your other ideas in designated boards. Teaguk is not a part of this PTR.

1 Like

If you’re talking the new DH Geards of Dreadlands set, Strafe is not the main damage skill for that set. Primary attacks are. Don’t waste your leg gem slot on Taeguk. Primary attacks are not channeling skills.

If you want Strafe to be the main damage delivery method, try Natalya’s set?

If you want Strafe as a main or equal damage delivery method to Primary attacks on the Dreadlands set, then a more logical solution would be to boost Strafe damage along with Primary attacks already on the 6pc set bonus. Better than asking for a boost on Taeguk and selfishly asking for a nerf on barbs.

thats just nasty man, why you hating on barbs?

Rapid FIre cannot use Taeguk for two reasons:

1. Sin Seekers remove the channeling cost which disables stack generation since the fine print requires the channeling skill cost resource.
  2. Wojahnni Assaulter grants an additive 3000% damage bonus which makes even a level 150 Taeguk with +80% damage not even a +3% relative boost. This is also the reason you don’t want to bother with Rapid Fire +15% on certain pieces of equipment since +15% would provide less than half a percent damage boost!
1 Like

The damage reduction of Taeguk with GoD is fine where it’s at. As it stands right now, I can face tank most damage outside Frozen and Molten. I don’t stand in Arcane Sentry either but I can cross the beams and take little damage.

This is in Grift 128 tested so far. I was able to even stand in Ghom’s poison circles for long periods of time.

Now, I do have 3000 paragon. And I realize not a lot of folks are that high but the average player isn’t pushing the leaderboards either.

Taeguk with Fortress Ballista, a way to chill or slow +Numbing Traps gives outstanding defense. If an average player gets 1200 to 1500 paragon a season they should be able push 120 by season’s end. Less paragon than that say 800 or so and 110 is very much doable by season’s end. And if you’re really really casual but manage 600 paragon or so a season, then you’ll be doing 100 as a push, I’m guessing.

Point is, Taeguk comes real handy in pumping up the toughness of Fortress Balista so it may not be tops all on it’s own but take some defensive passives and your Shield becomes really strong relative to how much paragon you have.

Just my observations.

Strafe works great with Gears. I cleared a 121 seasonal with taeguk instead of bane of the trapped. Just gotta keep movin, movin…