[Switch] Multiplayer Empty

So I just got D3 on Switch. Played on PC for years, tons of players.
Played all weekend during peak hours with an open game.
Nothin. Nobody. Post apocalyptic vibes very authentic as it was just me the entire time.
Sunday night my spouse turns on their copy they also just got on and rolls up their character to play with me.
I select Quick Match and put in their game settings.
No matches found.
Okay, maybe it just needs a few minutes to register their game on the servers. Yeah, it’s set to public and so is mine. … nope.
Finally just join the game manually through the friend game detection.

This explains my lonely weekend. I even tried joining games not through Quick Match several times over the weekend. Some game settings it said no matches were found, but most it just silently put me in a Sanctuary with just me.

I tried Google but my Google Fu is inadequate for bleepery of this magnitude. “Switch D3 multiplayer works but not really”?

You on T16 yeah? Most people are on that difficulty.

It doesn’t really matter what difficulty since my spouse and I were sitting two feet apart with identical game settings and still “no games found”.

Of course it matters…if you are on T16 and the other is on T1 you will not find one another…

What part of identical game settings is not getting through
Is there network problem here too

Ok being rude will get you nowhere…clearly the issue resides with you as there is no issue with playing multiplayer as many do it.

Bye.

Step 1, call someone out for not reading the issue
Step 2, never get blue help
Step 3, continue to be disappointed in inferior console ports full of outright lies

I’ve managed to workaround the problem but the heart of the matter is zero communication with other players

This thread is case in point about d3 on the switch

Tbh out of the three console versions (PS4, Xbone & Switch) I think Switch has the smallest community unfortunately. Also are you playing on Season or Non Season as most people play on Season mode. Couldn’t explain why you couldn’t find your partner though. Maybe just leave your settings on open and someone will probably join eventually. I often do that and sometimes it happens pretty quickly other times it can take a while or not at all. If you are looking for people to play with there are several discord groups for Diablo 3 on the Switch which you could join.