Switch local co-op: “p2” ring disappears

I play in 2-player co-op on the Nintendo Switch Diablo III Eternal Collection :

• P1 is a Demon Hunter
  • P2 is a Necromancer

It happens randomly that the Necromancer loses the “P2” sign below him, making it very difficult to track character during big melees. Changing location usually solves the problem (warping to town, entering/leaving a building or level…)

P1 Demon Hunter never had this problem. The ring disappears during big fights where lots of skills are used, so I’m not sure what triggers the bug. I’ll update thread when I get more information on the situation leading to this.

Edit 2020-01-02: The bug used to happen frequently when I played with a single Joy-Con held sideways. Now I play with dual Joy-Con on the Joy-Con Grip, I thought the bug was gone, but no, it happens anyway.

Can confirm on XBox One. P2 ring AND target lock disappear during network play seemingly spontaneously. Probably during a death.
Can also confirm this happens to P1 ring and target lock as well occasionally. Leads me further to believe that it is death related as player two is assumed to be less …eh… skilled than player one. This most recently happened to me in network play where we were playing a few difficulties too high for our britches.