Surviving Higher GRs

I am a zookeeper WD and I use the Zunimassa’s set. I have the helm and the gloves that boost your pets damage and durability and my pets 1 shot just about everything (even bosses). The problem is my character is really squishy. Ranged attacks target me and kill me pretty easy. The pets don’t die but I do. How do I improve my toughness so I can survive in GRs?

Use mundungos set…

2 Likes

Ditch your Rhen’ho Flayer and Nemesis Bracers for a Sacred Harvester and Lakumba’s. Then swap Mass Confusion to Soul Harvest: Languish.

Those two items + Languish rune will quadruple your toughness. That should help a lot.

EDIT: Looks like you’re also missing fetishes for your Zuni 4-piece bonus. Having Belt of Transcendance will give you 15 more fetishes, which is a bunch more damage reduction from the 4p set bonus. That will also be a huge toughness boost. Unless that’s the item that isn’t showing from your cube? But yeah, if it’s not, either swap out your Witching Hour for the belt or get it in your cube.

EDIT: And also, Spirit Walk! Spirit Walk makes you temporarily invulnerable to damage. Huge help for surviving.

1 Like

The best build for the Zuni set is Poison Darts. Check the Icy-Veins site for build information.

Also follow above advice on using Soul Harvest and Spirit Walk. It might take you a few rift runs to learn how to use those skills, but the payoff is worth it.