Survey Email website certificate invalid *sometimes*?

Hey, Blizzard.
Your survey email had a link to a survey. I clicked. Chrome said it wasn’t a safe site because it might try to steal my private info, and wouldn’t let me through. I tried again. It said the same thing. I tried a third time so that I could post their exact message here. It let me through. It said something about the website certificate being invalid the first two times, but as it now lets me in, I can’t say exactly what. Just think you might want to look into it.

Thanks,
Phredis

PS. Oh, and I’m pretty sure it’s not a scam email, since I’ve seen plenty of newsletters from the address, but if you want to make sure, I can absolutely give you the address.

Hey, Phredis! The surveys redirect to SurveyGizmo or Yougov and it should never ask for your email or password. It’s always recommended to double check the email’s headers to make sure the email is legitimate. The surveys should be coming from noreply@em.blizzard.com or newsletter@email.blizzard.com.

If everything checks out and it isn’t requesting a odd download or any personal details like emails or passwords, please report this as a false positive for Google Chrome.

No, it was a real Blizzard email. The certificate on your survey website is/was buggy.

I have no idea how to report that to Google…. I didn’t see any buttons that said anything helpful in that regard.

Heya Phredis,

We’ll keep an eye out for similar reports, but as of right now there aren’t many. May have just been a hiccup. Appreciate you reaching out either way.