Sunwuko/Crimson WoL Build advice needed

I really like the Sunwuko WoL build, but I was not generating enough dps to get past GR 88. I know I need to get sockets in my weapons (I have an ancient Kyoshiro Blade without a socket waiting for a Ramaladni’s Gift) so weapons I know is still an issue. But I thought I would replace the Witching Hour belt and Crudest Boots with Crimson gear to try out bonus dps.

Anyone know if this is better than the more traditional Sunwuko WoL build?

Also, not sure if using Crimson if I want to work on adding CDR to up the DPS. Any advice would be appreciated.

First of all: A clear of 90 has been done years ago where swk bonus was pretty nothing and torch had no dmg boost :slight_smile: So standard swk wol has potential for 110+ (I know it because I did a 111 before swk dmg was lifted to 1500%) but its squishy so… If you could state where your exact problems are maybe you can get some help. The build is pretty straight: go for maxed AD and CDR, get key items and go for it.

You definitely can replace WH + crudest by crimson, I’d recommend that hard. The main goal is to be able to ring the bell all time long. crimson helps a lot such that the additional spirit by crudest is not needed. As you play cdr heavy you will get much more dmg than with wh. All in all gameplay is a bit easier than without crimson - but compared to innas wol hard to play gameplay-wise. I did a testrun with that setup and watched for some numbers: In the circle of my follower + fire coe, my crit got up to around 10-15 trio. Same for the LoD WoL build dmg numbers go up to 25 trio. When no coe is up you can divide by 3. Innas has no coe so there is a more or less flat dmg but varies depending on your usage of your allys. I’d say Innas WoL is at least 5 grift lvl stronger than swk WoL (with coe / unity, f & r is stronger but I never played it hard) and LoD is still a bit stronger.

For speedruns swk wol is pretty good since you can easily get all key items and have no problem. The LoN variant is faster / stronger but you need the gear for it.
Inna and LoN / LoD has advantage of cs as skill. Innas has the advantage of no need of unity in the build. LoD is definitely strongest. LoN is squishy on high GR since def is missed.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I just completed GR91, so I think I will stick with this build for now, until I get the right ancients for the LoN/LoD build. I changed out my amethyst in my helm for more CDR and I finally scored a ramaladni’s gift for my primal fist.

What is more embarrassing is that I was using F+R all wrong. I was only using my generators when I was low on spirit, so I was not getting the bonus DPS as much as I should have. Now that I figured out the two buffs stack, things are going better. If you think I should easily be able to do GR 110 with what I got, then my suspicions that I am just not a very good player have been proven. But I am having fun, and that is the most important thing. I just want to get to GR100. That is my goal. Hopefully, I get there with this build.

Thanks again for the help.

Hei Jamm,

The Swk/Crimson WoL F&R build in 2.6.6 has given me +3 GR level for me compared to the original Swk WoL F&R Build before 2.6.6.

On NA server Non season , my para is ~3040 and when using original Swk without crimson, I can only do GR 113 (Perfect rift)… whereas with crimson buff now, I can do GR 116 (Not a perfect rift, that clear was even without conduit pylon spawned) so prob can do more but I am more interested in s18 that is happening.

I play this SwK/Crimson WoL build on NA server s18 as well… and at the moment I am at GR 112 solo, at paragon 1050. So this build is definitely viable, when I inspect other people on the leaderboard, almost everyone is LoD WoL tho, probably because the squirt necklace buff is just too juicy to pass up.

This SwK/Crimson build, however, has its own charms and really need more recognition that it deserves. I wish more people play it.

As for CDR and RCR, for Swk/Crimson WoL build , I would recommend full CDR rolls and maybe just 1 RCR roll, ( This was edited from my last recommendation because I have been playing around with the monk abilities, trying to see whats the best version >< and changed my skillset to make space for Ephiphany’s Desert Shroud… apparently its much superior than the skill I used before considering we can get super high uptime of that now with cdr helps from crimson set bonus.
Have no defense problem now, or mana gain problem anymore. The gem i use is Gogok, stricken , trapped. But some ppl prefer zei over gogok.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Changed the CDR and RCR requirement. Seems using Ephipany’s Desert Shroud is much superior than what I used before. Sry for the confusion.

1 Like

Can also confirm SWK/CC is quite viable and possibly an improvement.

I even removed the Mystic Ally/Air Ally ability and replaced it with Blinding Flash/Faith in the Light for the damage buff.

Worked great until I switched to LoD/WoL which is on a whole other level.

1 Like

I like it that you wanna stick to your build if it matches to you. I did a short switch so sorc, had a 123 clear with her and I could even improve on that but I like my monk so much :smiley:
I think the important thing is that swk feels a bit squishy so you can just higher your rcr to get more defense up. I always relied my builds on cdr, so I used to have about 55% with my swk wol build (but unity / coe, on f&r you do not use cdr that much) but thanks to f&r bonus your dmg is indeed higher than coe unity version.
The hard thing on playing WoL is that most people think the need to kill every elite. I did some video on that comparing a 110, a 114 and a 118 grift and how gameplay changes (with my innas wol). I used to watch on hp numbers and whenever they were too high I went on without killing elite (for my innas that was the case if the elite hat 500 trio hp, and I killed him if he had <100, all between was not that clear decision).
But just to have some numbers:
With 2k para I did a swk, coe unity without crimson and with only 1k bonus on swk 111 grift. new set bonus should higher this by 2-3, the crimson buff should higher it by ~2 lvl and f&r is stronger.
With 2.6k para I did a 120 with my Innas WoL so I’d say its about 2x as stong as swk and gameplay changes a lot.
Today I climbed up with my LoD to a 122 clear. The build is clearly more powerful, I even have bad items on it and some non caldesan items (and I even use a non ancient amu). The dmg lvl is definitely way higher but gameplay is different. I’d recommend some LoH with the build (I have none) and with LoD you now can kill blue packs whereas you should again pass the yellow ones except you have a conduit. I simply sent you those numbers that you have an imagination of the different playstyles and their powers. A buddy of mine highered his 117 inna clear to a 123 clear with LoD and he even used a hf amu. So numbers can vary a bit but still dmg looks like swk < inna < LoD but I could imagine that f&r version of swk is pretty near to innas - but I never played it.
Using the circles of your follower will help lots to improve.
Compared to other classes the dmg is just a joke, see also my Monk Buff Proposal

Yeah man, I have no doubt that LoD WoL is definitely the strongest version of WoL currently, with squirt buff and stuff. Had RNG Goddess gave me a good ancient trifecta squirt necklace, I will be very tempted to jump this ship as well.

With that said, Jammur said he only wanna clear GR100 as his goal. That GR level doesnt require him to farm LoD WoL ancient gears which take a lot of investment and time to gather.
There is a much easier and faster way to get to GR100 in his situation currently and that is to use SwK/Crimson WoL.
If he wanna aim to the top then yes, start farming for LoD WoL please.

OMG, I didnt know there is a Monk Buff Proposal. That would be awesome Atom.

Before I forget, Just wanna mention, I made a mistake in the earlier post, so I edited the post regarding the CDR and RCR advise for the SWK/Crimson WoL Build. Now it just needs full CDR rolls and maybe 1 RCR roll. I changed my skillset to give Ephiphany’s Desert Shroud a space, and apparently it is much superior than my old setup ><.
With high Desert Shroud uptime, no more defense and mana problem anymore. Crimson 2pc set bonus helped increase the CDR, and I also used gogok gem to add into the cdr pool as well. It works wonders : D.
Sry for the confusion regarding that.

confusion is fine ^^
for pushing grifts a squirts is probably bad since you won’t be able to keep up its buff. i switched to a non ancient flavor of time and works wonders if a well located pylon is nearby. and it gives you additional cdr.
and yes, obviously for a lvl 100s grift you can use the build you prefer, even gen, ltk and uli is good on this. i simply highlighted the way after just as information