Suggestions to make DH set actually viable

New current set sucks. Not enough dmg, have to stop channelling strafe to stack momentum are the main issues.

Solutions:

• 6piece set gives 25,000% bonus dmg to primary skills
  • Momentum stacks are gained and maintained through channelling strafe
  • The primary attacks dealt while channelling strafe can proc area damage
  • Bola quiver now deals 200-300% extra dmg
  • Hungering arrow changed to 600-800% bonus dmg
  • Casting a DIFFERENT primary skill does not RESET your momentum stacks (it maintains)

There - a set now everyone wants to play!

Too strong? Nerf it next season like youā€™ve done with every other build. At least give us a reason to get excited for next season, rather than feeling disappointed.

Also, season theme feels underwhelming, but thatā€™s another topic.

Please make DH great again.

Berserk

55 Likes

wow now this would feel great to play next season :slight_smile:

What this guy said %100 - I want to feel like Im having fun with DH like I did last season with WD and Ive Never liked or played WD in 8 years ! Until last season - Also Seasonal Buff every 2 MIN does Nothing !! Bring back season 19 ~

1 Like

Yup agreed! DH donā€™t need another speed farm build! Its time DH was included in 4p meta push. Its been WAY WAY WAY too long. So far it looks very weak! But hey that is only my opinion. Right now its not looking great imho.

3 Likes

Enjoy rend impale znec zbarb speed meta this season

1 Like

This should be in PTR Feedback section if you really want the Devs to see and consider your suggestions.

1 Like

Especially this two really need, otherwise it is not even worth to try this set. Really Bad. Primary skills from strafe must refresh dution of momentum. 2 seconds momentum is a joke.

5 Likes

The set likely needs a buff, but why keep repeating this silly patch cycle catastrophe.

As for the set, I dont really get why it is based on Strafe at all, feels a bit boring. While being primary skill focused is positive.

So you only press M2 when in combat and ignore everything else after you buffed yourself once to throw interactive combat out of the window. Great.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to see the stacks of Momentum apply to all primary skills used, not one at a time. I wanted to try the Entangling Shot ā€˜150% damage from all sourcesā€™ item (a quiver or bow, I donā€™t remember which), but the stacks reset whenever a second skill is used. A simple misclick can cause all stacks to instantly disappear, which is no bueno.

3 Likes

Played the new set for an hour or so. It was very bad to say the least. Having another strafe set is not great. Not enough items to boost primary damage was also odd. Why have 10K damage on a set with 3 items that boost damage less than 2 items do for multi shot? As it stands the set is way too much button mashing to try to maintain 8+ stack s of momentum. And the entire set is about momentum.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing on the PTR today and this is what I feel so far for the new DH set.

the new DH set will be viable at leastā€¦ but its still kinda weak in my opinionā€¦ the one buff we need ten stacks of, falls off fast and if that isnā€™t at ten you have no damageā€¦ if its ten then the screen gets wipedā€¦ they need to make it like 5 stacks is max buff, not tenā€¦ and make the buff last longerā€¦ or get rid of that buff and make it part of the setā€¦ then strafe can just shoot whatever primary you have equippedā€¦ the barb set already does this, whirl wind already casts rend, so why not just make strafe cast ā€˜ā€˜primaryā€™ā€™ a little more damage buff would be nice too, it still feels a bit weak.

I agree with all posts here. The stacks fall off. The squish factor creeps in. Wonā€™t be able to push high GR solo and in group situations, weā€™ll fall off the wagon again. But letā€™s go a bit more generic of a feedback: The build is too much like a ā€œletā€™s just quickly wrap this new build crap up and get it releasedā€¦ā€ It seems like a variation of the Natā€™s strafe with a new armor set. Nothing feels ground breaking. At least overpower it a bit, make it viable then tone it down like youā€™ve done the WD and Crusader new setsā€¦

1 Like

Set as it currently is = trash.

1 Like

no, since it attacks very frequently youā€™re unlikely to encounter mobs of 100+ like you would in other meta builds.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh that was a good one!

3 Likes

As above, the set just feels like its fighting against itself, 30% of the time is strafe and kill, 70% of the time its standing there firing primary trying to build Momentum. If all the damage is coming from Primaries, why even bother with connecting it to Strafe at all?

Was expecting to Strafe through rifts, switching between Bola for AoE or Hungering Arrow for Rares / Bosses, with Entangling for extra tough enemies. 3x Primary build, allowing for clever play and adapting to circumstances ?

And even more disappointed that a Strafe build has no boost to Strafe damage. Two Strafe specific weapons (Kā€™mar Tenclip and Vallaā€™s Bequest) didnā€™t even get a look inā€¦

8 Likes

momentum stacks drop off too quickly , strafe needs a damage boost , build also dies very easily . primary damage boost is too low in greater rifts , if the build is basically built for boosting damage on resource generating skills , why not amend the build to include things like the kridershot and seething hatred , this would finally make elemental arrow and chakram builds viable

I think the worst part is the 4p effect of the set. In the patch notes itā€™s stated that it fires automatically when Strafing. Buuuuuut. The actual in-game set says ā€œshoots your last Primary Skill if you have Momentumā€ meaning the patch notes are factually wrong. It hasnā€™t been mentioned anywhere to my knowledge. If it was like the patch notes said, it would be a much less screwy set-up.

btt: The current state of the set isā€¦ questionable at best. Itā€™s fun if you find a workaround but as things are, GR70 is impossible for me on 976 Paragon, 100% uptime Vengeance and FoKā€¦ I simple deal too little damage and that with a Primal Leonine Bow of Hashir with a rank 75 Gem of Ease as Augment and a flawless royal Emeraldā€¦ my sheet damage is 1,150m ā€¦ and funnily enough, my previous Whirlrend Barb had less sheet damage and was able to skate through 90s without damage fall-off.

And of course I 100% agree with op and the others. The momentum Stacks are gone before you even notice them.

3 Likes

Now you know what they did ā€œfixā€ before releasing the PTR as announced.