Suggestions for next patch

Hi, I have not posted in a while as I have been too busy playing. I finally got my Monk high enough and finally cleared a 141, only to find out that the leaderboard starts at GR 147…WOW! For next patch, can we please up the cap on the GR Level to 250 which will future proof for patches to come. Another suggestion is to either 1) increase the Torment level for rifts to T20, or 2) increase the difficulty in the Torment Levels so that T16 is equivalent to GR100 instead of GR75. I love the game, and if this never happens, that is fine too as the patches are amazing, and I love the game, but these are just some suggestions which I think would benefit the players. Thank you.

1 Like

The way I understand it going beyond GR150 is not possible because of all the calculations involved. DPS would have to reach somewhere in the quadrillions. Maybe someone will come along and explain it a bit better.

GR75 should feel more like an achievement and less like a stepping stone.

However, after about 110, the game does start to feel as if it is cheating.

Adding more torments benefits nothing. It’d be idiotic move. Why do people keep suggesting that? There are already 20 difficulty levels and 19 of them are completely empty 99% of the time.

Going beyond GR150 is not possible with current scaling due signed 64-bit integers not being able to display enemy health numbers past GR159.

4 Likes

I suppose the benefit of having higher torment levels would be the increased magic find %, especially for regular nephalem rifts where it’s doubled anyway.

Or increased rewards from bounty caches, say.

I think there should be more experience gain for doing regular rifts. I can do 10 in a row and never move my paragon level slider any.

I also don’t get it. Once you get past being able to blast through T16 you go towards speed farming GR90+ for the max loot find. So what is the point of higher torments? Normal rifts not being efficient in terms of loot or XP is one of the ways there are different activities in the game.

You do rifts as the work to put in to be able to get XP and gear. There should be some limit to how effective that can be and at T16 with Sage’s and a nice (not even great) build you already rack up keys in no time and spend 4 times more in GR’s than normal rifts. And it is a good thing that you can’t just permanently empower all the way, remember when people were crying for gold to actually have a purpose?

Now if we are talking bounty mats it is a different situation. Although they could always turn one of those useless craftable sets into an emanating double bounty mat set like how DB’s have.

Bounties need several adjustments but difficulty isn’t one of them. The biggest issue is the disparity between group and solo play, group players get rewarded more for doing less.

In general whether farming bounties, nephalem rifts or something else, these activities should not feel a chore. In terms of difficulty these should always be possible to do quickly and efficiently, to max out reward-to-effort ratio. I’m not entirely against increasing difficulty but it should be done in moderation and without impacting farming build diversity. Increasing max difficulty so high that the rewards compared to the effort and time invested decrease would be daft.

Greater rifts are for challenge.

1 Like

Bounties should use an inverse proportion so that solo players receive larger amounts and more players reduce the earning. It would still roughly balance out at 4-man groups can obtain the caches more rapidly.

But, regarding what the next season should be… they should sell us on Diablo: Immortal and focus on mobility. Season theme effect is to get both Illusory Boots and Ice Climbers as standard effects, with rotating boosts of +30% movement speed (or based on a kill count every 30 seconds.)

I agree. Yes we take longer with everything (I saw we since the only non solo play I do is power levelling) but bounties specifically is such a large disparity for a specific goal. A full group gets almost 4 times the mats per hour, that is huge. Ad to that how they don’t even play all the content to get it. At least in group GR farming they all take part in the entire rift.

Bounties feel like a massive chore to me. Most seasons I only do the one round for the season journey then to get RoRG and Avarice Band then never touch it again. I have actually done them this season without hating life somehow, guess I was just really bored or wanted to finally check out how effective this whole reforging thing is.

1 Like

Hint: it is not. Unless you have hundreds of rolls.

1 Like

I am actually kind of happy to hear that since I did a few more rounds since my previous post and hated it again. Thanks.

Guess I will just leave it for the very end if I need to get a lucky upgrade to push further.

Torment content is worthless. Theres absolutely no need to change the difficulty. The only benefits it needs is remove rift, cow, goblin portal closure. Remake the game to by pass 30s closure is stupid but absolutely necessary to obtain decent key per hr efficiency.

If you need difficulty jump in GR. Torment is keys only, not even death breath worth picking up after week 2.

One slight amendment to the Reforge – if you’re missing a specific item or two, and you’re really trying to get them to Ancient out for augments, then Reforge can be helpful… but its probably going to take 10-20 (and more depending on item it seems) to get it to Ancient and then, it might even be worse than it was before. That happened to me with a pair of set gauntlets - had no ancients, wearing one, found another and Reforged them: took 10 tries, got an Ancient, but it was not better than the non-ancient because it lacked 2 critical stats.

So, yeah, it can be of use but RNG is RNG so don’t count on it.

If you roll an item about a hundred times, you get a primal. At least that has been my experience. Doesn’t mean it will have good rolls, but a primal non the less. I recently rolled a Primal Shenglongs Fist and two of the rolls were Increase Spirit Generation and life per spirit spent and the other two were Dexterity and Vitality. Not what I was hoping.

A few seasons ago when we had double bounties I actually did a bit of those to reroll something I can’t remember. 400ish rerolls and no Primal (or good ancient), that’s when I decided that farming bounties just ain’t worth it.

Primals are 1 in 400 legendaries, i.e. 0.25% on each reforge.

According to a Binomial Distribution Calculator the chance of getting at least one primal from 100 reforges is just 2.472%. With 200 reforges it’s 4.883%. With 400 reforges it’s 9.528%. With 800 reforges it’s 18.147%.

Basically, 100 times is nowhere even close to guaranteeing you a primal.

You seem to find some joy going after my posts, but read my post again.

You seem to have a hard time understanding my wording. The key words here are MY EXPERIENCE.

I generally point out flawed mathematics / statistics, regardless of who posts them.

You seem to have a hard time with my mathematics / statistics.

2.472% of players would get at least 1 primal within 100 reforges.
That means 97.528% of players would not get any primals within 100 reforges.

You’re giving anecdotal evidence of your own, individual experience. I’m giving mathematical / statistical analysis that gives players an accurate estimation of how likely they are to get a positive result.

For every player that got a primal from 100 reforges, there’d be another 39 players that wouldn’t. Your personal, lucky result doesn’t alter the fact that most people would not get the same result as you.

The key words here are mathematics / statistics. I’m using them to show how likely other people are to experience the same results you got. As it turns out, it’s 39 times more likely that they wouldn’t than they would.

Sorry for nitpicking, but numbers sound a little low. Therefore I checked the link also and it shows other values. Maybe some problem copying values?
My calculator and the link say that after 100 reforges about 22,1% of players have at least one primal. (And my calculator says after 400 reforges 63,3% have at least one).
Still end result stays the same, 100 or 400 reforges don’t come even close to guaranteeing a primal.

1 Like