Suggestion - Wizard shield display

I always don’t know when my wizard’s shield gets low, can we have a gray shadow on the life ball ?

I thought the shadow can base on the 100% life, if the shadow < 100% life, then the shadow gets low.

ps. I play in HC, I need this display so much

11 Likes

I recall they implemented this earlier in the game, perhaps beta?

2 Likes

It was that way on a PTR of an old patch from a couple years ago. The shields would show up as a white overlay over the red, similar to the Monk’s spirit resource.

It was awesome. But they removed it for no good reason whatsoever. No explanation given either.

6 Likes

maybe they don’t know how to handle when the overlay over 100% life, so they remove it.

How is it that GGG can get this working in PoE but Blizzard can’t for D3?

Been discussing this for years now.

Maybe it was patented by the folks over at PoE.

1 Like

This is how I imagine the D3 Blizzard team on any given day.

3 Likes

This has been asked for many times before, so they are probably already aware that this is something the community wants. It is up to the devs now if they decide to implement it or not.

Something like this here would be really great:
https://imgur.com/mLGC851

Are there screenshot of that on the internet?
I searched a bit for that, but I didn’t find any.

It was on PTR for a few days but was removed. I can’t find screenies either. BUT I did find this…

2 Likes

ROFL

What a fantastic idea! :+1::+1:

1 Like

I think there was a screenshot somewhere at the time. I’d take anything that doesn’t require mousing over the health globe.

1 Like

I don’t know if the classic team could do that much … but hey, they are developing new sets! :smiley:

It was a white “overlay” on bottom of the health globe.

This is the only screenshot I found so far:

https://www.diabloii.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/KesIhRY.jpg

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you!!

That’s actually the OLD version from the D3 beta apparently. I didn’t play the beta so I never saw it.

But the newer version I saw on that PTR several years ago was at the top half of the health sphere, and the white was kinda shimmering like Monk’s Spirit resource. The edge of the white was kinda cloudy-shaped.

PS: Gasnick, I’m TL3 now so I’ll do your images when you need them.

I got you, babe.

2 Likes

Well that’s the only image I found and thanks I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesterday…

Today…

Just died in HC seasonal T10 because I had no clue I was even taking damage. 5 years ago is the last update on this, really?