Suggestion: No Cow Level Lockout

You don’t need to experience 100% of the content. And I think that’s good that experiencing more content needs you to come through some hard times. Because hardships are that thing that makes content more valuable. If you can get anything anytime, then what’s the point in getting it?

Full content access is what made D3 a terrible game though.

2 Likes

even blizzard has prevoius stated that the cow king preventing you from opening portals was a bad idea and they would change that if they did it again…

if the old forums are still up you should be able to google it

4 Likes

They didn’t change it in 20 years, so, I think, that’s ok. Leave it be.

1 Like

Ohh didn’t realize you were the decider of all things Diablo 2 remaster.

I think they didn’t change it for 20 years , that’s bad. Change it.

Maybe it is somehow coded into D2 source code, so they cant?

Agreed.

5 Likes

this does need to change.
everyone knows what a griefer is and you know damn well they are going to be back now more than ever.
Even if it was just you that get’s blacklisted. I could come into your game and destroy your life lol.
People WILL do this…

2 Likes

Must happen.

The one thing that needs to happen is if it is made by someone who already killed king, then the king should not spawn. It has an usually good drop rate.

This hasn’t been true since well before LoD. Cow king has piss poor drops.

Low ilvl(84), crappy TC… no one farms cow king for a reason.

Meph is easier, and with far better rate, quicker kill/respawn, and can be glitched.

2 Likes

I’d like for it to happen, but I’m not against appeasing the purists by adding some additional requirement for repeat openings somehow. Maybe something like an additional drop from Diablo/Mephisto/Baal in the difficulty you want to open the Cow Level in? Or even just a high gold requirement; make gold a bit more valuable.

1 Like

Wouldn’t those kinds of changes bother a purist as well?

I’d be willing to bet they will make it so a king death doesn’t make it impossible to remake cows. They’ve done a good job with loot toggle and other QoL that this fits right in.

More moo!!

1 Like

Probably? There is no middle ground with the purists I know, unfortunately. Even when they admit something is bad or broken, they don’t care, they want it in the game anyways. They’re fully aware they’re wearing rose-tinted goggles, and know they don’t remember just how stressful or unpleasant some things are, and they don’t care right now. They just want their D2 back. Some have even admitted that they’ll probably change their tune after the first month or two, but that they don’t care right now.

It’s like a psychosis almost.

To the die hard purists (which I haven’t seen any on the forums in a while), I say you can go back to D2, still fully supported.

A purist will never enjoy a remaster if they are truly a purist. You can’t be a true purist and be fine with updated graphics, gold pickup, etc. I think it’s fair to ignore or consider invalid any decision that would upset a ‘purist’.

1 Like

How has this still not been answered?

I do like to be careful not to kill the king. But I guess, the punishment for killing it should be restricted only to the player, who actually gives the killing blow.

Hopefully this has been mentioned, but how about no lock out but make it harder to make the cow level. Right now you just pop through a portal, take wirts leg and open it up.

How about having to collect a few more things, one from each act before you open up the portal. Make sure to put one in Act 3 so we actually have to go there. Better yet, random drop the items so we have to hunt them down.

All this would do is ensure nobody uses the cow level. It’s not the preferred place to level anymore so the only people who use it are farmers, and they only do so because of the high mob density. (Hopefully that’s accurate, its been several years since I played non-modded D2)

If they make it a hassle to open nobody is going to bother unless they also up the exp or mob level

this need to be remove is just annoying , to have 1 character logging in and out to open the cow king portal , because some troll kill the king

1 Like

I hope Blizzard listens to the player base and fixes this. This is one of the changes that like 99% of players advocate for. Remove the cow king death penalty!

1 Like

This way is good: no king if im killing the cow king and open again the cow level?