Suggestion: new conquests

how about something new, instead of the same old conquests every season. also-- master 8 set dungeons? lol. you should get credit for all 3 conquests just for having the fortitude to actually finish that.

Whilst I’d like some new conquests too that’s more single character friendly, it’s very doubtful we’ll get them. D3 support is more or less wrapping up after the next patch. It’ll focus on integrating the Altar as a permanent feature and likely a balance patch.

Anything else that we may have luck with getting would have to require minimal development time (i.e. copy and paste with the odd variable changed). New conquests would be more work than this.

2 Likes

There’s 10 total conquests in the rotation, and 2 require a second character.

The conquests are on a 12 season rotation, starting in season 5, repeating the same order in season 17 and now 29. There’s 2 seasons where Master of Sets, Years of War, and Sprinter all fall in the same season. The other 10 seasons, it’s possible to do 3 conquests on a single character without also having to run Sprinter.

Season 5 = Season 17 = Season 29: Avarice, Master of the Universe, Sprinter, The Thrill, Years of War
2/5 non-Sprinter single character conquests

Season 6 = Season 18 = Season 30: Boss Mode, Curses!, Divinity, On a Good Day, Speed Demon
5/5 non-Sprinter single character conquests

Season 7 = Season 19 = Season 31: Avarice, Divinity, On a Good Day, Sprinter, The Thrill
4/5 non-Sprinter single character conquests

Season 8 = Season 20 = Season 32: Boss Mode, Curses!, Divinity, Master of the Universe, Years of War
3/5 non-Sprinter single character conquests

Season 9 = Season 21 = Season 33: Avarice, Curses!, Speed Demon, Sprinter, The Thrill

Season 10 = Season 22 = Season 34: Boss Mode, Master of the Universe, On a Good Day, Sprinter, Years of War
2/5 non-Sprinter single character conquests

Season 11 = Season 23 = Season 35: Avarice, Boss Mode, Divinity, Master of the Universe, Speed Demon

Season 12 = Season 24 = Season 36: Boss Mode, Curses!, On a Good Day, The Thrill, Years of War

Season 13 = Season 25 = Season 37: Curses!, Divinity, Master of the Universe, Sprinter, The Thrill

Season 14 = Season 26 = Season 38: Avarice, Divinity, On a Good Day, Speed Demon, Years of War

Season 15 = Season 27 = Season 39: Avarice, Boss Mode, Master of the Universe, Sprinter, The Thrill

Season 16 = Season 28 = Season 40: Boss Mode, Curses!, On a Good Day, Speed Demon, Years of War

EDIT:

There are 252 possible season sets of 5 conquests from the list of 10. Strangely, they only use 12 of those in the actual rotation.

Of those 252 sets, 21 of them have Master of Sets + Years of War + Sprinter. 21 / 252 = 1/12. But in the actual rotation, 2/12 have that Master of Sets + Years of War + Sprinter combination. There’s twice as many actual seasons with the Master of Sets + Years of War + Sprinter rotation vs. if they’d done it randomly or used a more representative rotation from the full list of 252 sets.

5 Likes

Guess someone at Blizzard thought this was the only way to make conquests a challenge without realising how annoying they were making it.

But yeah, these three conquests should never be in the same season together.

1 Like

You also have to look at it that the first few seasons, the conquests weren’t nearly as easy as they are now. For example, Season 6 was the first time Divinity was to clear a GR75 solo, so something like creating multiple characters made sense.

I made a graph of this stuff you can see here:

https://i.imgur.com/8hT2LyQ.png

Even something like The Thrill wasn’t easy to accomplish prior to Legacy of Dreams. It’s like, you go back to prior to Season 20, and almost nothing was accomplished prior to 5 hours into the season, and Haedrig’s Gift still existed then.

Season 18, 3 people cleared a GR75 5 hours into the season. Prior to that, no one ever had.

Prior to Season 20, fewer than 10 people would clear The Thrill (solo GR no sets) within 5 hours of the season start each time it came up.

Let’s compare that to this Season:

Time before Conquest was unlocked:

The Thrill: 1h38m
Sprinter: 2h16m
Avarice: 2h31m
Years of War: 5h2m
Masters of the Universe: 5h55m

1 Like

I feel it would have been nice if the conquests were a little updated along the power creep. Sprinter and Set master challenge are still quite a challenge, but others could have been updated. Examples:

• Require a little higher GR clear - instead of 75 something like 100-130
  • Boss mode: Require killing also Vidian
  • The Thrill: Eclude LoD - and maybe even up the level. LoD is working same way as a set anyway so…

Yes, would be more whining about not everyone being able to finish them. But I think that has gone way to far anyway. I liked torturing myself with The Thrill and Boss mode back in the days when I couldn’t do them while sleeping.

TBH, they could always add LON/LOD to Years of War and it would be feasible to complete that one with the one character in a season.

I did the Thrill without LoD this season. Couldn’t be bothered leveling another gem up and I’ve done it in the past without LoD so no reason why I can’t now. Not sure about upping the level though… I know some casuals already struggle with it.

Could be also 3-5 different levels of conquest. Sure we are not going to ever get this, but one can always dream.
Easiest level would give everything needed for season journey. Higher levels would give 1-10 achievement points per level and just a mention in your list that you made it - yes, someone would still whine it being too hard but someone will always whine no matter what.

For example

• The Thrill next levels would need to drop LoD and highest level would need GR 60-100 (I have no idea about good value, I probably never tested higher than 50 without LoD)
  • Divinity Highest level would require GR 150 solo (a little harsh this season, but lately in other seasons no problem)
  • Boss mode highest level would required T16 15 or 16 min instead of T10 20min
  • Masters of universe highest level would require all sets (for real masochists :slight_smile: )
  • Speed demon 1min instead of 2
  • Sprinter T16 instead of normal (or faster time ~50min, hard to say - T16 isn’t that hard)
  • Years of War lvl 140 instead of 55
  • Avarice 500M instead of 50M

With higher limits, the high level conquests would be again about if you can do it, and not when can you do it.

If the Altar needs to be filled anew each season there is no need to make the journey and conquests harder in my opinion.

This.

My money is on the Altar needing to be unlocked every season. If they keep the Staff of Herding requirement in there, that’ll keep us occupied for a while.

1 Like

To be known as: the Staff of Hurting…

Is that even doable?

500m seems rough. I’ve hit upwards of 100m easily in the ruins where we hunt Adria, but 500m seems like a stretch.

I seriously doubt 500M is possible. Using maxed Hoarder, with enough density, 200M+ should be doable but for 500M there propably isn’t enough enemies in one zone to sustain the streak.

Besides, Avarice in my opinion doesn’t need adjusting.

Potentially possible with a 1000+ cows cow map and like 50k gold find. I’ve hit 300m in the cow level with maybe 30k GF. So 500m with 50k GF and 1000+ cows is probably doable.

My vault running setup I generally end up with 50-55k GF and can solo clear T16 no problem, so hitting 50k GF and still being able to kill stuff is doable.

It would be extremely challenging though.

EDIT: 55k GF:

Wasn’t a super packed one, probably doable in a denser cow level. Definitely too much for the conquest though.

Could up it to 200m.

It used to be harder when T6 was max as that really limited how much gold find you could get, it was a bit more of a fun challenge back in like season 2.

T16 gold find is pretty much exactly 4x of T6, so 200m on T16 would be about the equivalent of the original 50m on T6 in early seasons.

T16 60 min would be fine, I’ve done that on a bunch of builds. But 50 min Sprinter would also be extremely difficult for any non-monk solo players. There’s only a handful of speedrunners with sub-50 non-monk times. This is already the conquest with the lowest completion rate, bumping it to T16 is fine but lowering the timer would make it harder than necessary IMO. 1 hour is a nice round number, upping the difficulty makes more sense.

This would be quite difficult solo, those extra few seconds to port out would really matter for a 1min timer. In group you can have someone already by Orek in town. Solo players would really struggle for 1 min.

Just up it to T16. Same for Curses, up it to T16.

GR60 would be easy, GR100 would be more challenging but doable with certain builds. LoD gem adds ~30 tiers of power, so any LoD build that can clear GR130+ can also clear GR100 without it.

I think that’s a bit extreme. Something like 130-140 is probably more reasonable.

This would be very extremely difficult for most players with most sets in seasons without extreme power creep. Something like GR120 would be much more reasonable.

This would be absolutely trivial compared to the other suggestions. Not even in the same ballpark of difficulty as the other suggestions.

2 Likes

Casual 11 min to T16 Boss Mode, 12 min with Vidian included.

2 Likes

Remember though, you need to also consider the console, as they have Diablo 3 as well. There’s loading time on the older consoles, and things such as teleporting have fixed distances, which are much shorter than what can be accomplished on the PC.

I’ve done ~300M with medium adjusted setup - not trying for more. Can be done in rift with several floors / zones. I don’t know why one would need to do this in one zone. Note that 500M was my idea for highest level and wouldn’t need to be easier than GR 150 solo.

Personally, I’d say console could be different than PC for certain things that are totally optional. It also has other major differences.

Lots of good details in your answer. Seems some of my adjustment ideas were a little off and would need some real knowledge to be actually taken into use (even though it’s not actually going to happen).

Combined answer for couple of “a bit extreme / very difficult” comments: I’d actually like hardest level of some conquest to be really difficult - something that not 100% can necessarily do even by hard work. And doing them wouldn’t need to be straight-forward.
Note that GR 150 was long time also not even possible and it wasn’t any problem. Certain conquest max levels could also share same, almost unlimited difficulty idea if they are in similar way “not really required” - just for fun.

–

Great run, I didn’t even know it could be done that fast! Even though I wouldn’t personally use word “Casual” for that good execution.

My record is probably somewhere between 13-15min (without Vidian, T16). I think it would be nice for me also to grind better time against some achievement. Now there’s really not so good reasons since I don’t stream and result is not really stored anywhere. Against 20min I can just run pretty normally and even farm goblins and legs from elites on the way.