Suggestion: Make an "Easy" way to acquire Legacy of Dreams quickly

Part of the significant enjoyment of S17 was the ability to grab an ancient item and feel an immediate power spike. It is appreciated that you added the Legacy of Dreams gem. It would however be more fun if you could acquire it in a more efficient way rather than rolling the dice. Maybe it could always drop your 2nd GR, or it could drop from your first Diablo kill. Something along those lines so the option to gear up via LON at Season start is on the table.

3 Likes

What could possibly be more easy than doing a bunch of GR1s to get the gem ?

6 Likes

Right on Ven. I was thinking this as soon as I got to 70 on the PTR. In the last 3-4 seasons my trapped gem was dropped some where between GR17-21. Power was first gem as usual. However, if I were some of the few lucky ones to get trapped gem on GR4-8, I would have a significant development advantage. Having it drop as 2nd guaranteed drop would be closer to putting LoN players on par with set bonus wearing players.

Ironically, getting 50 bloodshards and buying a Fortune pack from the big red goat in town. Open the pack get a LoD gem.

Edit: At least in PTR.

I think they should add a cube recipe that lets you transform any level 0 gem into a random other one, this thing solves a lot of early game RNG tedious problems… like when you are playing thorns and the last gem you get is the thorns one…
Another option is make LOD always drop the first time you crear a GR

1 Like

Hum … how about as a reward of Chapter I in a Season? So that Seasonal Players can choose their way (Set or Non-Set) of progression a the beginning :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about all the legendary gems drop when you talk to shen the first time?
That sounds about like what you guys want, just get handed everything,

2 Likes

That would be a good idea you still have to level them.
There have been a few times where i have had to level gems i was not going to use waiting for the ones i wanted