Stutter, screen "shake"

I have tried every suggestion, a long list. Including deleting and reinstalling the game. When my character stops the screen is fine and other things moving on the screen do not cause the problem. When I move the character the screen stutters or shutters like a heart beat. I tried putting the internet directly into the computer thinking this would work, but it did not. I have never had this happen on the other two computers I use for the game. This is very frustrating.

Hey there,

Lets go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Time of this report: 1/24/2020, 05:40:16
          Machine name: DESKTOP-NL8HKFM
            Machine Id: {B82B90FE-5C27-4A4A-9946-DD31A69524A4}
      Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
              Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
   System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
          System Model: G3 3779
                  BIOS: 1.11.0 (type: UEFI)
             Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
                Memory: 16384MB RAM
   Available OS Memory: 16240MB RAM
             Page File: 7727MB used, 10944MB available
           Windows Dir: C:\Windows
       DirectX Version: DirectX 12
   DX Setup Parameters: Not found
      User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
              Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.1.2
        DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Hi Christo1984,

You only provided a small part of the Dxdiag… I’m pretty sure Blizzard would like to see the entire report.

I’ve been fighting stutter and lag - massive amounts of it - since moving to Windows 10. I just happened to try turning off all of the MAX frame rate settings in D3 (the two check boxes for foreground and background)…

My stutter is gone! :bomb: All motion is fluid and like melted butter flowing off a plate.

Who’d think a control meant to improve performance would do so much damage. LOL I am now a happier camper. :joy:

2 Likes

no youre not

you spread false hope and then forget to update when you find out you still have microstutters.

Diablo 3 has had a microstutter problem since 2012 when it launched. My guess, since I haven’t experienced something this stubborn in any other game, that it’s engine related.

However, the best possible combination for me is quite unorthodox for minimal stutter;

Fullscreen
Resolution matched with monitor refresh rate.
In game Vsync On
Disable any FPS limiter in game or RTSS
Set any GPU Vsync setting to use application setting (Nvidia CP or AMD CCC).

Any other settings I’ve used causes microstutter more frequently than those above. I do still get microstutter with those settings but it’s less common. It seems to happen whenever it wants to and then sometimes can be fixed by turning off Vsync and then back on which causes the screen to flicker and prompt you if you want to keep these settings. For whatever reason that stops the microstutter even if it’s only temporary.

I know a lot of people “don’t notice” but I can see it, even with a 144hz Gsync monitor there’s still stuttering. It’s just something that was never fixed.

Wow, thank you. This fixed my problem!

What fixed it for me - after trying SOOO many things - was to change the power settings on my computer to best performance. Problem totally gone. Hope this helps

Thank you it worked, what an unusual bug lol