Stuck at GR112 - UE Multishot

Hey DH’s…some gear, skills advice needed.

I’ve had a good season so far: pretty good gear (5 useful primals, including Yangs and DML) and a decent paragon-1160 ish. But I’m stuck at GR 112, and that was only completed with a second to spare.

I just feel like I cannot get enough pew pew.
What am I missing?
Thanks in advance.

There’s nothing terribly wrong with your equipment. You could try rerolling Crit Chance on your Squirts to Fire Damage.

The 7% attack speed on your Yang’s could be rolled to RCR or Cooldown Reduction or even Area Damage.

You could keep Cooldown on your shoulders or roll that to Area Damage or RCR.

On your equipment, RCR is a bit more important than Cooldown Reduction because of the dual benefits of more defense thanks Captain’s and more Multi-shots between EF’s for Wraps of Clarity. Also with Captain Crimson’s and a Diamond in the Helm is all the cooldown you need for perma-vengeance.

I’ve got a similar amount of paragon to you and I beat a 113 about a week to a week and a half ago before September Baseball stole my attention from Diablo.

Something else you could try is level up a Gizzard and drop Stricken for it. Gizzard will give you more uptime on Squirts and since some of your equipment has Armor over Vitality, your Shield will have a bit more durability than your health globe says it will. Anyway, with more uptime on Squirt’s your overall damage will go up. Allowing you to clear a 113 in more time to make up for the loss of Stricken on the Guardian on a good rift/guardian combination.

That’s about all the advice I can give, but look at this thread for information on how Gizzard might be better than Stricken when used with Squirts.

Also, if you go the Gizzard way, you can forgo the Templar for the Enchantress, for a bit more damage and some good CC abilities, because the Gizzard’s regen provides all the heals you need.

1 Like

Probably the main problem is that after 110 you have to start to hoard some mobs in order to success with multishot, area damage it’s super strong for clearing high grifts so grouping mobs for massive area damage shenanigans it’s super well rewarded.

112 is not bad, imho. Not bad at all. I cleared 113 with P1300, maybe I try 114 later.

Fire damage on Squirts is a big damage modifier, I was lucky to get one (non ancient) with CHD, CHC, Socket and Intelligence from a clanmate, so I could roll fire damage on it. :smiley:

Also, you have two Items (Gloves and Quiver) with Vitality, where usually there is room for another damage roll like IAS or AD. Maybe you can get a new pair of gloves … ?

Looking at your skills, you can try to change Ambush to Steady Aim. This passive is stronger, imho (but obviously not in every situation).

Regarding Stricken: I use Gogok. And the next poster will probably recommend BotP. :joy:

2 Likes

Idolis, Salamandra and Hebalon,
Thanks for the feedback. I am working on trying to get a ancient Squirts with Fire, CHD & CHC.

I have also tried several of the suggestions:
I leveled a Gogok up to 90ish and it’s really does help with the trash and the bulk of the GRift but I never have enough time or firepower to get the guardian down.

I also leveled a Gizzard up but the mechanics didn’t work for me well. Ok, so the jury is still out on that.

I also tried several different passives: Steady Aim and Sharpshooter. No luck yet but I will continue trying various combo’s while I grind away on the paragons. I’ll get a 113 this season…

Anyway, thanks again for the help. It’s greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Without stricken - try Singled out.

BotP is also pretty nice - 38% more damage on the boss.

Hey Kindergarten,
Ok, I’ll try Singled Out and BotP…and Hebalon, it looks like you were right. :sunglasses: