Struggling to complete GR 55

It’s like I hit a stone wall after GR 50. Is it my gear or play style? I’ve always ran with a Necro but wanted to try something different. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Happy is the name.

Your build has no primary skill, Simplicity is a waste. Use other gem, e.g. Zei, or BotP.

Replace the belt with Hellcat.

Roll a socket on the amulet and insert a legendary gem.

Shoulder uses Mandle of Channelling.

Edit: Use the Thrill passive to proc BotT.

Edit2: As you are using LoN set, but you have only 5 ancients. Consider switching to LoD gem instead.

It seems that you’re trying to copy the Rapidfire build which can clear quite high GRs. However, you’re missing the key element of that build: The damage comes from the bouncing grenades from the Hellcat Waistguard, and you need the rune Bombardment for that.

But:

This build works only with high monster density. It is not a speed build, and it is not a good farming build, and it is especially not a good build for new DHs or players with low paragon (i.e. < 1500-2000). The reason is, that you need to stand still for quite some time, and you need to survive melee combat, so you need high toughness, which yo just don’t have without a few thousand extra dex through Caldessan and Paragon …

So, my advice would be: Switch to another build. UE would be the obvious choice (great speed, great damage, easy to play), but it seems that you got Haedrigs gift with the Necro already. Another good option would be the Shadow-Set, or maybe the hybrid N6M4. Even an M6 variant (Cluster Arrows with cold) would be better for a start with a new character than RF.

Another point:
You are running double Unity without an immortality token for your follower. That is a recipe for instant death.

Also, the Hunters Wrath belt in your cube is useless. You aren’t using a primary skill.

And one more tip: rerolling the dex higher is usually a waste of an enchant if there are better rolls to be made. EG: Your helm has no crit chance, but you rerolled the dex higher instead of rolling the cluster arrow damage to crit chance.

It looks like on your seasonal DH, last updated on Dec 13, 2019 9:43 AM PST, you are going for a Legacy of Dreams - Rapid Fire build. BUT, you are NOT wearing the LoD gem and without it, your actual damage dealt would be worse than puny.

OP does have the LoN rings.

He does now, but he didn’t at the time that I posted.

1 Like

Thxs everyone, all excellent advice This is my first DH build and I guess I have a lot of learning to do. Will try all the advice given here. Happy hunting!

1 Like