Stricken or trapped for jade?

im ok with esoteric and swiftness…

but trying to make up my mind between stricken or trapped for grifting. any thoughts?

for pushing gr striken is a must :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

alright, thank you, why?

If it takes a long time (e.g. more than 2 minutes) to kill RG, then go for BotS. Otherwise, BotT is better.

I have both of those gems at Rank 131 so let’s use those as an example…

Trapped = 54.30% damage
Stricken = 25% damage vs Guardian + 2.11% damage per stack

So, on a GR Guardian fight, initially Trapped is better, but Stricken’s damage bonus increases by 2.11% each time you gain a stack…

At 5 stacks it’s 25 + (5 * 2.11) = 25 + 10.55 = 35.55%
At 10 stacks it’s 25 + (10 * 2.11) = 25 + 21.1 = 46.1%
At 15 stacks it’s 25 + (15 * 2.11) = 25 + 31.65 = 56.65%
At 20 stacks it’s 25 + (20 * 2.11) = 25 + 42.2 = 67.2%

Depending on how quickly you gain Stricken stacks (it has an internal cooldown, based on your attack speed) and whether it’s a single-target boss or not (adds can sometimes get a stack instead of the guardian) will determine how quickly a Stricken will out-perform a Trapped.

Of course, a lot of builds use both.

hear the pro speaking :point_up_2: :grin:
i am not a math guy so cant explain like meteorblade :grinning:

You need Stricken, it’s not really optional if you are pushing at all. Bane of the Trapped is the best gem for damage. If you want to use Esoteric, you should drop Gogok.

Stricken stacks don’t clear when you use Harvest? - It’s possible stricken is a little bit faster than Golgok, but it’s kind of a big sacrifice in quality of life for me. Maybe a whole 1-2 minutes at max grift.

What spells get hit with control impairing effects, does haunt cause that on Rift Guardians?

Stricken stacks on a mob don’t clear until the mob dies.

1 Like

oh.

Do they clear if I die? - So it’s kind of useful for elites, when you are on only 2 - 4 mobs…

I refer you to my previous answer.

Yes, if you’re just hitting the main elite of a pack, i.e. single target.