Streamer: "Small Nerf"

Well it’s no surprise to me really. Ever notice at work, the ones who complain about having to do something small when they don’t do anything already…they get that work successfully pushed to the hardest worker(s).

Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

2 Likes

You forgot about Wolverine, Hadd, Roidraged, DieHarder and all the others who support the barb cause.

2 Likes

As a point of reference, I made a Crusader ‘Akhan’s Heaven’s Fury’ build that does over 100.
I do not have the time as many others nor do I consider myself as good as some of the great players.
Reiterating I am no mathematician, even I can see that the stats on the upgraded new crusader set are OTT. Even I know I can do 110 with the new set if it does not change because I know how to proc with it.
If I can do it, expect 140 from it.
So this nerf REALLY sux.

I listed Pro.

Pro = Prokhan.

It’s not a definitive list.

3 Likes

Yeah you did, Sorry I’m blind…

1 Like

Free, maybe you should create the thread as your name or Rage is the main PIs in the barb proposal. It would take more attention.

The statistical look into NS era in order to show more in depth player distribution across GRs is below:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/analysis-balance-why-wwrend-nerf/5298?u=prokahn-1764

You could create a thread too, you have also a lot of experience with barbs, just like Free or Rage otherwise you wouldn’t have a stickied guide in the barb forum and you know how to calculate stuff too and actually post your calculations rather than just bragging about doing them like some other math “experts”, who are always advocating for nerfs…

2 Likes

i think i found are Barb song - “We’re Not Gonna Take It” from Twisted Sister

2 Likes

I agree with poster… ban me too pls. GD clowns… I HATES CLOWNS.

2 Likes

Awesome song. I found another one you can check:

or

Giving me the barb vibe…

A better fit would be “rainbow in the dark” by DIO. The barb has been an iconic character who has been left in the dark.

I honestly dont know why anyone feels that streamers are actual advocates for any class. The only one who knew his stuff imo was Quin, and he left this game. The only real source for builds in this game is pretty much these forums. Diablofans is okay but they’ve mainly copy/pasted it from here. As Free said, youtubers and streamers have way to much pull and its really not a good thing.

4 Likes

True it’s one of the main reason this game is such a mess… They listen to “celebrities” instead of real game experts…

Not saying every streamer is the same, but unfortunately most care only about themselves…

1 Like

Just please for the love of the D3 Gods revert this hideous Lamentation nerf. Just give barbs one good season… JUST ONE. It’s all I ask. I never rage on forums, rarely is there much for me to rage about. But barbs have needed this for so long and you give it to them just to take it away. Like cmon blizz seriously? Why must you always cater to the trolls an haters instead of sticking to what you initiaially said. You claimed to hear our warcry but then you let it just be drowned out by haters to the build and you just fold and listen to them. Just give us one dam season of fun pls. JUST ONE.

11 Likes

I get what you are saying which is basically listen to the community not the people that are making money from people that are too lazy to learn the game for themselves… But taking that literally, if there truly was an expert, the game would be nearly bug-free and every class would be capable of doing a similar level respectively. I am not convinced any of us will see that in D3’s lifetime unfortunately - because the real experts should be the people that made it in the first place.

1 Like

Quin didn’t leave and he was at the D4 trial, streaming it. He was also playing ptr with monk.
I know streamers are not the smartest, regarding D3. But they got a voice that devs can hear. They get to meet/talk to them. And if they go on board with the nerfs etc. instead of asking why, then it’s simply just wrong imo and should not be happening.

3 Likes

Barbs neglected for years shall settle with only ONE season while other 2 Top classes been reigning for years despite nerfs (Wizards and Necros)?!

After being treated like :poop: for years they deserve at least 4 seasons of glory…

5 Likes

In most cases, streamers are simply PR mouthpieces. They rarely criticize the game, and even when they do, their criticism is fairly shallow and mild. Ideally, they would be able to act in a capacity similar to journalists and get answers to tough questions. But they’re not journalists, and they’re not going to do anything to risk losing their privileged position.

There are some folk I like–folks like Filthy Casual–but by and large their contribution to the larger community is, at best, middling.

No disrespect intended, but folks like Fluffy shouldn’t bother discussing Barb matters.

12 Likes

I saw the photo’s from the twitters. but isn’t there still time for blizzard to change there midset on the nerf? I mean the season 19 preview / final notes are not even out yet. although I would expect them in the next few days. since the season ends the 10th

Not saying there isn’t reason to want the same build that was available on the PTR. I just personally don’t think the outcry is justified yet.

Right now I’m having to change my plan on what class to start for season 19.

Yes, thank you but I corrupted my thread quality due to getting offensive with trolls. I am not a suitable author for the kind of thread free is suggesting. I think either Rage or Free would be better.