Strafe Projectiles Pierce on Ballista

What benefits does this give? I see quite a few people with this affix.

From Maxroll

• Valla’s will make all Strafe projectiles pierce - it doesn’t add anything to the Hungering Arrow itself.
  • Piercing projectiles can proc the 4-piece bonus again as long as the Cooldown is up (9 frames).
  • In big density, you almost guarantee a 4-piece proc immediately when the Cooldown is ready.
  • The overall DPS gain over wearing another random weapon is between 0% (single target) to 25% (high density).

At high Paragon, Valla’s Bequest should be replaced with Fortress Ballista once you can keep up your Squirt’s Necklace at least 50% of the time with it.

2 Likes

Overall the Valla’s power on Buriza is a quite marginal benefit. You should easily be in the 9 FPA zone when using Buriza so basically your every Strafe projectile should generate a primary.

As stated above, Fortress Ballista power will make maintaining Squirt’s buff much easier and is thus preferable over Valla’s.

5 Likes

Thanks for your help guys.
Just another question please. I have another Buriza with the Echoing Fury affix, which I tried out and seems to give no benefit, which is what I thought since no one else uses it. I just wondered why?