Stop Asking For Personal Loot

How does making them need to do less work for more drops help anything, you say these things without accounting for any of that. Why can’t people now just load up 3 accounts on follow, making them 36% drop chance or whatever that number mRNA keeps spouting. You account for none of that. You claim this will fix these issues, I show how they won’t with examples.

They can be tagged hostile no? Then no loot or XP. Problem solved.

They can be tagged hostile no? Then no loot or XP. Problem solved.

Can you not do that with autoclickers? you say this as if you have no ability to control other things while simultaneously saying you can control these things.

In D2, what prevents a groups of leechers from swooping in at the last minute to get almost all of the drops from the one guy in the party who did all the killing?

2 Likes

The same thing you say to do about leechers in a personal game… nothing in that has changed… you just want gauranteed drops regardless of effort or skill level required for the area, you guys are encouraging less work for more reward. These ninjas you never can kick out or solve seem to be the issue, are you guys always being rushed by bots?

I can see this change if you want to be able to milk the bots running around.

I personally dislike the idea of leeching. I want all bots eradicated. I want duping eliminated.

If leeching does occur, I want there to be a “cap” on how much loot a leecher can receive.

1 Like

If in any area you have a character 10 levels lower than the act requirement, like I keep saying 67 for act 1 and 85 for Act 5, they are leechers, and now they are leeching items as well, do we cut off anyone below 80 from Act 5 Baal runs now as they are gauranteed leeches?

They could be leechers or maybe I have agreed to help a friend/family member who has asked me to provide them loot/xp to get to end game. There is not a one-size-fits-all-solution.

Again you aren’t counting public games in your thinking, most rushes were quick runs made up of strangers, your proposed changes will make anyone 85+ put a hard lock on baal runs of 80, why would they want any public player in below that?

Players 80 + will at least do some kind of damage, still hard to justify as a rusher, but at least you know they aren’t making your job harder.

Nothing will stop botting 100%, but I do believe instanced loot will reduce their efficiency by huge degree.

I doubt it’s better to deal with autoclickers when they can just join in the last minute and auto loot all drops from FFA.

1 Like

I am okay with personal loot with my modifications, a straight up split regardless of effort just seems like madness, throwing an idea on the wall that will cause weird divisions no one seems to account for. At least my modified version doesn’t punish strong players nearly as much.

Every player shares in the experience of playing through the same challenging game environment to acquire their equipment. We have to compete for it, cooperate with each other for it, we have to experience the thrill of a random drop we happen to be near for it, we all experience the elation of seeing that item drop and somehow negotiating how to acquire it - be it any one of the ways I listed.

That is the shared experience all players have in Diablo II regarding looting and equipment. And that establishes a base level of empathy amongst players in the community - that is quite taken for granted.

If players are now in this community who go through none of that experience, the social soil will be drained of a very important nutrient, if you’ll allow the analogy. We will no longer have that established experience between us all.

In fact, we won’t even be able to know who is playing the same game we are and who is playing this auto-given, anesthetized version of the game. That disrupts the very valuable baseline relationship all players have with each other, which is one borne of playing the same game.

1 Like

Like what modifications?

All you say is more reward for less effort, but same goes for FFA. Leechers can still loot drops, there will be tens of thousands playing this game and they will make multiple characters, there is no current in game social system in D2, we have to manually enter commands for any social functions, even for simple stuff such as whisper. There is no way to manage that many players and especially all their characters, you would spend more time writing an ignore list than playing the game, then you would have to reread the list every time you make or join a game. So with FFA there is no drawback to just loot the stuff as a leecher nobody will have the capacity to ban your character… There will be thousands of runs simultaneously running, so leechers can safely ninja all drops without consequences.

What we propose is simply something better, not perfect.

1 Like

Well I said none of what you just wrote but okay… nothing will stop people from loading up multiple accounts, hitting follow and “botting” easier… my calculations clearly cut out people that in no way should be in that content… how does that not work for you? how many drops do you want to leech from higher players, do you even want to play d2? or D3 at this point? see I can fill up useless paragraphs too.

My hybrid personal cuts out clearly non helpers, should you not be happy about that, why do you want useless players to get drops?

What are you on about? People spam click then log out within a second, nobody will care about the other and know what they looted. When do you see the loot that drops in D2? It vanishes within 0.1 second, and people won’t wait there to show their loot…

Again your reading comprehension is not there, if personal I could with no effort have 4 bots on follow, within proximity in any pub game, and take 50% of the drops, no one would know, since I aint moving like the rest of these leechers.

And I don’t even need to program them much just identify my character and follow it… you guys made these things easier without clear cut off points.

The problem I have with your system is that it benefits higher level players irrespective of skills and legitimacy. You are still considering botting in your scenario so I will do likewise.

Player bots to level 90 and typically does not play the game manually. When they play manually, they are terrible players who are poor at killing. In your system, they would get extra rewards when others carry them simply because their level was higher.

In my scenario if you are getting hurt by the math, you should not be in that area, you are being rushed, that’s why I specifically chose numbers to reflect dmg drop offs. Your rewarding them, I’m not.

Also you clearly didn’t follow my example, anyone over 85, hell anyone over 80 almost would not be affected in personal loot like that, I actually made it so they wouldn’t.

or you could just turn on your bots and play together without others where you get all the loot.

Also, bots are sophisticated now. If a bot is leeching, it can most definitely pick up loot and often do it way faster than humans on average.

I think we should focus on scenarios without bots under the assumption that botting will be reduced in D2R.

or you could just turn on your bots and play together without others where you get all the loot.

You keep saying don’t do this, or don’t do that then, you clearly aren’t thinking like a programmer, you need to plan for how people can use a system.

My calculations very clearly cut out leechers, leechers that in no way could have helped in these situations from getting full loot for no work, you are arguing for no limitations and easier leeching.