Stone gauntlets?

I notice the top season clears are being done with stone gauntlets in the cube…how are they moving at all? doesn’t that slow you down to a crawl? and reduce your attack speed so much you can’t do 2 rend per second?

WotB negates the negative effects.

Or Ice Climbers boots also help with this.

As Jay said Wrath of the Berzerker causes you to ignore the negatives of Stone Gauntlets. Using this power is just to allow you stay alive to hard cast rend for the area damage procs in order to get trash kills for the pandemonium effects.

I thought only IP allowed you to ignore the effects of Stone Gauntlets since it allows you to bypass control-impairing effects. How does WotB accomplish this?

It’s like other classes’ “superforms” like Akarat’s Champion, Vengeance, Archon etc.

I wasn’t aware that WotB made you immune to control-imparing effects like the other skills you mentioned though.

Just read wrath of the berserker it’s says it

I know it breaks the effects of crowd control, but where does it actually say that in the description…

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/class/barbarian/active/wrath-of-the-berserker

Maybe you should read it, it doesn’t say that anywhere on the skill.

WOTB definitely breaks all CC, including from Stone Gauntlets. Tested and confirmed.

1 Like

Interesting, so they just left that out of the tool tip on WotB then (nowhere on the tool tip does it mention it breaking CC)? That seems like a pretty huge omission.

Perhaps in my testing I was getting slowed when it fell off temporarily.

Yes, they did!

Yes, it does!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Rage! Now that I know I can drop IP that opens up the build quite a bit, will do some testing with this tonight when I do my GR124 push (starting to get a bit squishy so looking for tankier options).

No problem. You’re using BoM, right? If so, IP can be safely dropped (especially if you are also using Stone Gauntlets).

1 Like

Yup, I’m using the core build w/ BoM, CoE, and Zodiac, as well as Mortiks Bracers. I’ve been playing around with different options in the cube as needed, up to this point I’ve been good running Mantle for more damage, but I’m starting to hit a wall where I’m having issues surviving density past GR 120 (1345 paragon currently), so looking for other options, which is why I was testing Stone Guantlets.

I wanted to add I think a lot of my deaths are due to me not doing a good job of keeping BoM up, trying to get better about that.

Are you playing Season?

I assume you’re talking to me, yes I am.

So WOTB nullifies stone gauntlets buffs? Nice to know. The only problem is it is too long between Cooldown of WOTB to activate it. Meanwhile you are a sitting duck!! Dying way too fast in Season 19 so I changed stone gauntlets out of the cube and used the passive for tough as nails. This was not a bad trade off actually and I dont have to worry about getting slowed to a crawl. If I use Ground stomp with band of might as well I survive a lot better. Food for thought. I will try Stone Gaunlets again and get my CDR down and try this out. Thanks for the tip.

I just couldn’t clear GR120 with Mantle, dying too much.

Switched to Stone guantlet and clear it first try with not so good map (ran through 2 long corridors). No good pylon either. Just happens that I managed to pull a couple of 4 packs together. No issue surviving all the craps on the floor.

Paragon 1107
str: 12.5k
CDR 43.58%

So I think it worth it for low paragon player.

1 Like

Just made a few changes and much better results. I used Ice Climbers, Royal ring of Grandeur in the cube and that nullified the stone gauntlets in the cube and kept the Wastes set active. Changed my Conv of Elements out for band of might (Worn) and survivability went right up. I no longer get slowed and recieve all damage buffs and can cruise through GR80 now where it would have been impossible before this change. I still need to find better gear and do Caldesans Despair on them, but I can do GR80+ with crap gear at this moment. It is a fun build and very challenging I must say.