Still playing Diablo 3 in 2024!

For the first time in years, I did not complete anything in PTR, so that has to mean something. I will try season 30, I think, but no way am I going to get that staff of herding 7 times like I did the last time (US hc/sc, Euro hc/sc, Asia sc, xbox hc, sc).

If anything I may play on US server hc/sc and call it a day. But honestly, D4 has my full attention now, and season 3 will probably start before season 30, so might be a while.

still play, still good game. :+1:

1 Like

Yep. because hubby and I are old and poor. and I canā€™t lay out 120 bucks for 2 on sale games so we can play D4 togetherā€¦ but maybe for Christmas next year we may upgrade to D4. but until then we are still very much enjoying D3. Iā€™m kinda pissed that Blizzard assumes everyone can just drop that much money at the drop of a hat and has decided to STOP providing new content for D3. Season 30 better shine & sparkle and last a long time. :wink:

Diablo III came out in 2012, with the Reaper of Souls expansion in 2014. Blizzard have been providing new content, in term of seasonal content, and patches, and balance changes for well over a decade, all for the initial price of buying the game, i.e. no ongoing costs to the consumer. Are you really upset that theyā€™re providing less going forward after a decade of providing free updates?

7 Likes

For comparison: Ubisoft games go out of support after 2-3 years
They even shut down their forum completely and ā€œreplacedā€ it with a useless discord.

I played D4 Season 2 until I hit 100. Then I felt how Motivation slowly faded as upgrades only came from lucky gear drops.

Also glyph leveling wasnā€™t balanced around the ne content of S2, there is still tuning needed.

Now I wanted to return to D3, but after those lies about altar and visions of enmity, I donā€™t feel like returning at all. Other games it isā€¦

1 Like