Still no definitive word on mods for D2R

Man… What can i say?
I made a promise to my self. I can tolerate any thing.

But diablo2 destruction… No.

Uh oh. Too late! These are the new charms! :open_mouth:

https://prnt.sc/1np8uwz

Juuust kidding!

I hear you though, that’s why I didn’t preorder it.

1 Like

Hahahahahhahahaha

Man… It is diablo2, this time is realy serious thing. Last nail in coffen.

1 Like

D2R developers outright saying that you can post your thought and opinion at Diablo Reddit and their twitter. You don’t need to pay to create an account on these 2 platforms.

It mattered because Diablo developers usually hanging out more at Diablo Reddit than being here. The chance they read your feedback is higher than here.

So the topic creator is wrong then. Shouldn’t be a problem then if D2R doesn’t support mod. :sunglasses:

There is alot of intresting things here:
I can’t see your progress, in diablo3 (If It exist).
looks like you never played diablo2, maybe i am wrong.
It dosen’t matter who is right or wrong. Op made post, because he knows diablo2, he is diablo2 player, and he is worry, thats his view, ALL we can do is to read, and respect, and If you have any Idea about subject Go ahead and reply.
OP has same feelings of many other players of diablo2, since blizzard for more than decade is just acting totaly out of touch, with no links with players.
The result cannot be different. Most of diablo2 players do not pre ordered game because of that, see? There is no Trust in Company.

1 Like

I forgot to ask…
When did they really hear us?

You can break any immunity in diablo2. There is only 4 places in ALL game that maybe you have a chance to get unbreakable immunity.

Only if the monsters have below 115% (I think?) resistance toward the elemental, thus not all immunities can be broke. Lightning is the easiest to broke because many lightning immunity monsters don’t have high lightning resistance like cold and fire immunity monsters out there.

They didn’t add personal loot to D2R because many D2 fans were against it. How is that not listening to the player base? :rofl:

Ahhh

I forgot to be especific…
For more than 10 years they didn’t listen, now they want to make a “good impression”, after warcraft3 refunded.

Well…
No pre ordering until 3 months.

1 Like

Cute. You forgot that they didn’t modernize WC3R because they listened to WC3 purists. :rofl:

They also get rid of seasonal theme for Heroes of the Storm because HoTS fanbase against it. :rofl:

So much for not listening.

Them telling people to go to third party platforms owned by other companies is laughable imo. No thanks.

I am pretty sure you are the only person in the world who believes that excuse. And I think I know why. :thinking:

2 Likes

All I’ve seen on reddit is the community manager wit a rare post. And frankly this forum is more lively than the Diablo subreddit.

anyway, considering it won’t launch with a ladder, there is no reason to rush to preorder it anyway.

I don’t think it’s unfair to ask for more information considering it launches in a month.

Modders should focus on the console versions instead since it doesn’t require Battlenet login. Would be beautiful if the Switch version killed the PC version. Haha

Thought you only needed a one time login for the off line version? If that is the case there will be mods regardless of official support.

take a look at the game files. theres no way one can modify that. its still a beta and subject to change, but its just a bunch of data files and an index set of files.

You guys probably know the details better than me, I just read this thread: What the mod scene may look like in D2R (not looking good)

1 Like

Yes, but some things might have been made more difficult, due to removal of tcp/up and other changes behind the scene.

Isn’t D2 the same in that regard?

No. the MPQs are clearly labeled, and can be broken into with ease with any MPQ editor. the data files in diablo 3 and D2R are not labeled, they seem to be split into chunks of the same exact size, and theres a bunch of index files.

i got as far as this:

That leaves single player, and frankly not many people would be interested in a single player mod.

that is the single most ignorant and retarded thing i have ever said. this from the developer of the medion mod, which, as far as i know, has a far, far, greater presence offline.

jesus christ, i need a cup of tea to deal with the sheer ignorance.

While offline mods are great, it would be pretty bad if multiplayer mods (not closed battlenet mods of course!) were no longer possible. I see a lot of refund demands in Blizzards future if they dont get their act together.

2 Likes