Still haven't fixed the Instant Crashing problem

Same, instant crash.
FX6300, 8GB RAM, RX470, SSD
No crash report, just back to desktop every time.
first 5 attempts resulted in “blz-log.txt” message about “vile beast model maximum of 4 things and actually it has 5”, once something about barbarian model, then my PC crashed completely.
after hard reset and integrity check of game files - not a single word about crash anywhere

dissapointment of the week

1 Like

8/20 20:36:11.988 [EntityContainer/4] [<>:0]: EntityContainer: Component type FootprintComponent invalid! Dropping component from entity entity_root in data/hd/character/player/barbarian.json
8/20 20:36:13.267 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:13.270 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:13.274 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:13.274 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:13.275 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:13.277 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:13.278 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:13.278 [PopcornMeshBatchKey/4] [<>:0]: Too many meshes in an animated model file! The limit is 4 and the model has 5. Model path: ‘data/hd/vfx/meshes/missiles/vine_beast/vine_beast.model’.
8/20 20:36:17.987 [Granny/4] [<>:0]: ReadEntireFileFromReader: Failed to load section: 0
8/20 20:36:17.987 [Granny/4] [<>:0]: ReadEntireFileFromReader: Failed to load section: 0
8/20 20:36:17.988 [Granny/4] [<>:0]: ReadEntireFileFromReader: Failed to load section: 0
8/20 20:36:17.992 [Granny/4] [<>:0]: ReadEntireFileFromReader: Failed to load section: 0

yup same issue… crashed when joining and creating a game.
my system is obviously pass the requirements
i5 3570k
12gb of ram
geforce gtx 1660ti 6gb here

yup same issue… crashed when joining and creating a game.
my system is obviously pass the requirements
i5 3570k
12gb of ram
geforce gtx 1660ti 6gb here

I am also still getting the instant crash when launching the game. I have an i7, with a GTX1060, and 16GB ram. Has there been any update on this issue?

They fixed a bunch of crashing and performance issues. But they did not go into details about it

Still getting the crash on play button, even after giving all the information they asked for.

Damn… Works on PS4 fine though.

I’ve played Diablo 1,2, Lod, Starcraft I, II, W2 plus exp, W3, Wow, D3 plus exp without probs.

I have integrated graphics, on an old laptop from 2013 ish. I want to be able to play alongside other people, who can enjoy the newly graphics, I really dont care.

I can get used to the old graphics again, I just wanna play with friends on launchday.

Just patch it so we with bad computers can play. I really got sadddened by this fact…

2 Likes

Don’t understand why we can’t get answer as if this will be fixed or Intel integrated graphics are eliminated from playing.

1 Like

“Saddened”. Nailed it

I can’t believe you still have not corrected this log in problem. We have new computers with the latest drivers, video cards etc. and we haven’t been able to get in once yet…

1 Like

Hey folks,

While I can’t speak to all of your issues, integrated GPUs are not currently supported, which is why the OP can’t play. You can review the system requirements here.

As I’m not a developer, I can’t speak to whether or not this is going to be changed going forward. If you’d like to see it changed your best bet is to give feedback in #d2r-beta:beta-feedback.

If you do meet the system requirements, please post your own thread in these forums with your specs and what error you’re getting and we’ll see what we can see.

wow that’s disappointing

Customer Support, you devs lot keep saying based on an article dated 21st July 2021 to "Make D2R More accessible for everyone’. Not letting integrated GPUs and MacOS Ports being supported for this game is a huge red flag and makes what the devs say there a whole load of utter bull. So devs, you better read this, put your money where your mouth is and fix the problem! Alot of us have long preordered the game and we can’t even play it? That’s not staying true to your article’s statements.

3 Likes

The file blz-log.txt in game directory contains logs:

8/21 04:46:08.746 [EntityContainer/4] [<>:0]: EntityContainer: Component type FootprintComponent invalid! Dropping component from entity entity_root in data/hd/character/player/barbarian.json
8/21 04:46:09.170 [Textures/4] [<>:0]: Failed to create texture data/hd/items/weapon/h2h/shadowkiller/weapon_shadowkiller_ALB.texture. This texture will not render.
8/21 04:46:09.170 [Textures/4] [<>:0]: Failed to create texture data/hd/items/weapon/h2h/shadowkiller/weapon_shadowkiller_mask.texture. This texture will not render.

etc.

Diablo 2 Reforged refunds are imminent…

2 Likes

prolly worried about more backlash from people. so they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: AffzBR - Crashing

@Drakuloth: “[…] integrated GPUs are not currently supported, which is why the OP can’t play.”

Note this statement is demonstrably untrue. The game starts without errors and is technically playable on my old Surface Pro 4 with an Intel Core i7-6650U and its Iris 540 graphics.

Admittedly game is effectively unplayable in modern mode at 3 fps (at native 2736x1824), but it is not blocked from running for having integrated graphics.

More importantly, once you have started the game and switch to legacy mode, it is eminently playable at 60 fps. One might say that is beside the point, but for many potential players that might be worth the price of entry.

Kotoko,

Not to get into an argument here, if you can find a way to get the game running - this is absolutely fine. The expectation however that we set by our system requirements is that we expect issues on certain configurations and don’t support them when they do occur. The system requirements help inform our scope of support for the product. There are plenty of games that we can finagle to launch and perform decently using non standard work arounds, it’s just that we don’t walk players through these because they don’t hit an acceptable level of performance and stability for the time being.

This is why I pointed the OP to the feedback system. If we change the requirements in the future, our scope of support widens, but for now, we will not provide any support for this issue as it not launching is an expected outcome for that hardware.

1 Like