Steed Charge Sometimes Stops Early

I have noticed problems with Steed Charge glitching out because it seemed to encounter a barrier.

The only example I can give was against a Skeletal Shieldbearer.

Might be that you clicked on an enemy, which would cancel steed charge.
Or you might have gotten CCed.

You’re not supposed to be able to be CC’d whilst charging…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/class/crusader/active/steed-charge

Mount a celestial war horse that allows you to ride through enemies unhindered for 2 seconds

Unhindered doesnt mean you cant be CCed.
Unhindered means you can move through enemies as if their bodies dont take up space - similar to the Illusory Boots.

But he also doesnt really state what he means with “glitching out”. As I said though… either you clicked on an enemy, which would cancel the animation, or you most likely got CCed.

If you’re imprisoned / frozen / whatever, Steed Charge breaks you out of it, i.e. whilst charging you can’t be CC’d.

1 Like

Im pretty sure it doesnt break you out of a CC.
Unless they changed it - because it was a weaker version of spirit walk, because you have Akarats Champion as the CC breaker - like many classes have an “alternate form” in which you cant be CCed.

Well, I’ve played a lot of Invoker, and Steed Charge definitely breaks it out of CC.

It’s not just “super forms” that break / make you immune to CC. For example, Barbarian’s super form of Wrath of the Berserker means you won’t be CC’d, but Ignore Pain also breaks you out of / prevents CC.

1 Like

Good point. Back to the OG post though… he probably clicked on an enemy then.

I;m trying to do Rogans (?) set quest and the steed charger is not working. The first little minions stop my charger. I changed to the chains in hopes that would untick me, but still, get stopped at little minions. It sure is making the mastery for the set impossible. If I were 15 yrs old again I;m sure I would’ve raged destroyed my monitor, lol. Getting to that last swing, 15 seconds left, charge, aaaaaand, stopped.
Stted Charger: “Will charge until enemy is encountered”
I[ve used both righ and left mouse click to direct my crusader. i ensure i am pointing far in the distance so as to not accidentally attack and stop my steed. Nope fails every time, especially if you are standing on a minion thats attacking you.

1 Like

For me sometimes steed charge cooldown will take 5 to 8 maybe 10 seconds…which makes it hard to push up now. I am not really a skilled gamer but this is annoying cause i have to runaway from mobs and be back when cooldown permits. i am stuck at GR110. I feel i could beat 120 easily if it works. So i am working dungeons sets and will leave till next season.

1 Like