Starcraft 2 announces maintenance mode, Diablo 3 next?

we have been in maintenance mode for many years

I gave it a like but I wouldn’t defend this one. I mean it’s a bad choice for design, sure but it still can be made into useful utility with a few tweaks.
For example, blocking/dodging and some close combat classes might consume stamina when casting their certain (Charge of Paladin, Leap/Leap and Attack of Barbarian) skills. This can be a good way to balance a few PvP specs too.

I wouldn’t call this balanced either.

I don’t know about this one. Quivers in D3 provide you an endless amount of bolts and arrows while in D2 they require some upkeep. Also quiver of bolts and arrows in D2, transmute to each other for creating a small item sink so drop rates maybe tweaked lower.

This whole thread isn’t about DIABLO in the DIABLO forums, so if anything this entire thread could be flagged for SPAM. Or do you think this is REDIT or something? - might as well talk about Cyber Punk 2077 that comes out in November according to you’re logic/

OK. I hate games with stupid, rudimentary gameplay.
It’s true for Cyber Punk, it’s also somewhat true for the Diablo franchise.

Diablo has always been a trade simulator with stupid gameplay. I think it’s the basic gameplay that needs to be spiced up.

1 Like

I have said this at least twice before.

Diablo III was declared Classic Game status. Theoretically, they can go into maintenance mode anytime they wish.
I did suggest on a few heated forums that if people wished to give them crap, they are well within their status rights to only do maintenance.
I am grateful they are still upgrading it. I think you won’t see it go into maintenance mode until D4 is well and truly released though.

2 Likes

I commented about SC in a thread about SC. If you want to be the forum police, by all means use the report features.

You might want to see what GAME this forum is in. or are you incapable of doing that?

I followed the topic like this: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:
and still no one has said that d3 has been in “maintenance mode” for 6+ years.
OK…

2 Likes

It’s the weekend and I think Gasnick can’t handle their drink.

Unlike You I don’t drink (what you do), cause I want to keep my head clear and do not post non sense similar to what you just did, but by all means keep parroting others, I guess you’re good at it… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

just take a look at the profile of Gasnick. how many top posts with detailed suggestions do we find there?
but i know who writes such imbilical provocations. my block list is constantly being expanded. mindless nonsense belongs on toilet paper and not in the forum.

2 Likes

To those worried about derailing the topic from Starcraft 2.

Posting about D3 RoS isn’t Off topic, D2 LoD might have been, but it’s over now…

2 Likes

Wonderful deduction there my dear Holmes. I had no clue this was a Diablo forum.

Did you bother to report the thread? Should I report you for derailing? I mean pull your big boy pants up, report the thread and move on.

what does it matter what it is called? the guys even call a “legit” exploit a feature. Of course, the exploit doesn’t work for solo and is of course planned that way. what they think of the players is obvious.

I can’t play that much, so I’m very picky. and besides d3 i played warframe and eve online every now and then. let’s use warframe as a template!
warframe was released on March 25, 2013.
well… lets go!

warframe is constantly upgrading their engine. Scroll to: “Move the slider above for a before-and-after look.”
https://www.ign.com/articles/warframe-corpus-reimagined-deadlock-protocol-update-remaster
and then we compare it to d3 with its 3d models from wow 2005.

Here are daily bounties and a website with game news in the middle:
https://hub.warframestat.us/#/
there is so much to do here, then you also have a compact display in the game and there are extremely many game modes with good loot as a reward.

there are now more than 40 cool looking chars with more skill combos than in d2 + d3. for many chars there is an epic version with much better looks and slightly improved stats. these are much easier for players to get:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes

these are the weapons. there are many aoe weapons.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons
click on “Primary Secondary Melee Archwing Research Prime Robotic” … because there is a lot and even a list becomes confusing.

these are the followers:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Companion
here you have to click on links again … because there are a lot more than 3!

everything can be modified and improved much better than was ever possible in d2 (with mods) + d3:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mod
Here you can find sets, normal, rare and epic equipment. and much more! there is so much equipment here that even someone like me with 2k hours played (played and not afk in “town”) has to search here all the time.

there are also items that can turn an unpopular weapon into an “OP”. there is a scale for popularity:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Riven_Mods
und u can reroll them like in d3 with cube.

what about updates there? the devs tweak like the boy from d3 only a few numbers every 3 months, right? …
then let’s see what they bring out every few months:
update from August 25, 2020
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1216407-heart-of-deimos-update-29/
Yes? Yes??? read the post? :smiley: Yes??? :sweat_smile: :smiley: :smiley:
also seen new char? Yes! new char and it’s not a “wd reskin”. :scream:
this is just an update and something like that appears here for FREE every few months.

since then there have been an extremely large number of bug fixes and suggestions from the community have been implemented. there are also other innovations. But there is too much here and you can see every single change by pressing “[expand]”:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Update_29

And thats just the beginning…
p.s .: you don’t have to buy anything in warframe. for beginners without friends it can take 1-2 months to find and upgrade usable equipment. However, even “act 1 normal” is played very actively and you can even see people with “10k paragon” in the game all the time. also there is trading here!

and I haven’t played other games extensively either. poe also overtook d3 and is now MUCH more successful.
still not clear? well, i don’t write for fanatics from asylum either. you can’t prove anything to them. and what for? :+1:

welcome to reality? What ever!

3 Likes

D3 went into maintenance mode after the release of Reaper of Souls.

Starcraft 2 has been in maintenance mode for years.

Corporations chase the money - there is no money in D3 or SC2.

3 Likes

This is a Diablo Forum and not an ‘other game’ section. Link below. There is an entire other section you can talk about how much you love other games more than Diablo III. Don’t shoot the messenger.

It stands, it’s in “Classic Game Status” bark at them not forum users if you are unhappy about it because it’s not like Blizzard did not let everyone know.

Cyberpunk is the only thing we have until 2022 when Diablo 4 releases. Look at the games coming out in 2021… is there any one that is actually worth mentioning?

Projekt Red has got to be feeling the pressure… the world is looking up to them to find a reason to stay home during the rest of the pandemic and at a time when Europe now has 140k+ cases a day and about to go into a 2nd lockdown. The US is not doing well either. Projekt Red has some huge responsibilities right now.

1 Like

MR 28 here :stuck_out_tongue:

Warframe is a pretty good game indeed… I would argue, that it’s a modern version of D2… hell, I would argue, that it’s even closer to Diablo 2 than PoE is.
D4 can definitely learn a lot from that game.

However, I really don’t understand what’s with all the links to things, that someone, who’s never played the game will fail to understand.

Warframe is Diablo II in space with some shooter elements, essentially.

You build a character (well, a warframe) so you can farm, you farm and you trade.
The game is harder at the beginning, it’s easy with high gear.
You build some more characters, some you can even customize in a manner, so that they are really good at farming a particular activity (say people farmed Ubers in D2 with Smiter or few other builds, they farm Tridolon with several frames). You can even make multiple characters of the same class, but customize them differently.
Farming usually involves running the same level many times, till the item finally drops… and if it doesn’t, you can trade for it.
The game is easy, lacks proper endgame.

There, I just described both Diablo 2 and Warframe.

That’s not exactly correct. Each character (well, frame) has like 4 abilities. Only as of recent you can remove one and replace it with an ability from another character.
The customization comes form mods, which mainly affect your passive stats.

No, the game does not have more skill combos, that D2 and D3 combined…
but it does work pretty well.

One of the things, that got me to play some D3 this last patch was the new Dreadlands set for the DH. Makes me feel like I’m playing Volt+Mesa+Revenant at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s not much to understand. People like what they like. I have looked at most and the only onein the same style as this I like is Wolcen. Some like Warframe, PoE and others. each to their own.

I get that.

People can like what they like subjectively.
However, I do think we can objectively compare and judge specifics, say which of those is similar to D2 and if so – in what way.
Like I explained above, Warframe do play out very similarly to D2.

My point about the links was, that although they are pretty useful for people, who already play the game, most people who are serious about the game already know and use those things anyways… while at the same time, people who haven’t played the game for one reason or another, those links are useless to them… and it’s not like those links will get people interested in the game.

Would you get into a game, a movie, tv show or whatever, just because someone showed you, that there’s a wiki?