Squishy LoD StarPact Wizard

First season ever playing a wizard. This season 19, I played a DH to Paragon 1k and wanted to try a Wizard. I looked at the Leader boards for top solo wizards and what icyveins said for suggested wizard builds, gear and rotation. Best I’ve been able to run solo was a lucky GR60. I get one shot every time I exit Archon and loose my stacks. I have every piece of gear aswell as the suggested cubed items. What am I missing? A Stat I’m low in or lacking? Why am I so squishy?
On my profile my seasonal Wizard’s name is: DrStrange
Thank you for your help and advice

For solo play you must skip the black hole and use ice armor crystalice rune

1 Like

Don’t bother playing that build at your paragon.

Star Pact is a high paragon push and group GR build and has very stringent gear requirements (CDR and area damage). It doesn’t perform well at all at low paragons. Or in lower GRs. It doesn’t really work for casual solo farming at all.

At your paragon, just play the standard Vyr’s build. Or maybe a Frozen Orb (can play with LoD or Tal’s, also DMO if you really want) or regular meteor shower channeling build (can play with LoD or Tal’s, don’t bother with Firebird’s). I guarantee you’ll have a much better experience.

1 Like

Thank you for the response, Yeah I run the Ice armour for solo and blackhole per icyviens recommendation.