Squirt's Necklace' buff disappears during Serenity

Like I said, Serenity has to register some damage on your character, in order to ignore it. Other shields like the shield from ballista fortress or gizzard don’t have any procc-mechanic, they are just preventing directly the damage being apllied on your character

Why?

You keep saying this over and over, and I keep asking why.

I do not think this is what is happening, but even if it is, why do you think this is acceptable? If you have to take damage in order for the shield to work, then the description of the skill does not match the behavior.

Again, why do you think should Serenity SHOULD work differently from all other shields in the game, and why do you think this is acceptable behavior for a skill to not match the description.

The skill says it will absorb all damage, but you think it does not, and you also seem to think this is ok. Why?

I think Serenity DOES absorb all damage just like it says, but I think that Squirts is checking to see how many hit points are left on the shield when determining if you should get to keep the buff when you get hit. And unlike all the other shields, Serenity does not use hit points, so squirts is ignoring serenity even though you are not actually taking any damage.

If we are talking about whether or not it is a bug, then let’s look at it very simply.

1. Squirts says you get a buff if you are not taking damage.
  2. Serenity says it absorbs all damage.
  3. When you get hit while serenity is active, you lose your squirts buff.
  4. Contradiction.

You think this is ok, and that the descriptions on the items are accurate. Every other shield in the game does not behave this way.

Explain how the descriptions on the items are accurate, and reflect what is happening in the game.

It doesn’t explain why Serenity does work against some mobs and doesn’t against other. So it’s not even about if it should protect Squirts’ stacks but what it should work one way for all mobs without exception. So it is a bug because you’re dropping stacks against ghost or a bug when you don’t drop them when you’re fighting something else.

1 Like

Again, why should i not think of that? Is there any law that doesn’t allow me doing so? Is there a regulation, that all shields have to work the same way in D3, no matter what?
Maybe it really is a bug, but there is also a possibility that it isn’t. And i never said that this behaviour is acceptable. Who the hell am i to decide something like that? The President of the D3 community? I don’t even know if this behaviour is intended or not.

I have also explained clearly with simple words how i got to my conlusion. If you still don’t understand what i mean, then i don’t know how to help you mate.

If you have a solid evidence that Serenity is bugged, then i’ll immediately accept that. But you don’t show me any evidence, you are just making assumptions, just like me. Therefore they only ppl that can help us in this case are the blues.

I never said that either. On my second post i wrote that some item descriptions can be very misleading in arpgs. Please read my comments more carefully next time.

It is in my last post. I thought it was obvious without having to spell it out, but if a skill says it does something, and it does not do that thing, then either the description is wrong, or it is bugged.

Since the description for serenity is the same as all the other skills and items, and they all work with Squirts, then the only logical conclusion is that Serenity is bugged.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant. If you think it is not bugged, then I take that to mean that you think it is intentionally designed to work this way and that the description on the item somehow matches the behavior in-game.

That is what I thought you were saying in all your posts. Explaining how that even though you are not taking damage, you should still lose the buff because you are getting hit.

I did read your posts carefully, and I think I understand what you are saying perfectly fine. I just can’t understand how you can read the description on the item and think this is somehow intended.

Skill says it does X.
Skill does not do X.
I say bug.
You say the wording could have another interpretation.
I think the wording in unambiguous, but you disagree.
I am simply asking how you can reach that conclusion when it seems obvious to me that 1+1 does not equal 3.

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion, and I am not trying to take that away from you. I am trying to wrap my head around how you think the wording is somehow still correct even though it is in direct contradiction to what is happening in the game.

But, feel free to disagree.

Sorry, but what you wrote in your last post is also an assumption, not an evidence. You cleary wrote many times “i think”, which means you are assuming it happens this way, and you are totally entitled to do so, but you are not proving anything.
A solid evidence would be an information from a reliable and official source, like the D3 official site, a patch note or even a blue post. As long as none of this available, then everything is still open.

Are you trolling or what? It doesn’t work one way for all mobs, what are we talking about here? Since when normal ghost is a special type of enemy?

Excuse me, who are you now? And who said that ghosts are a scpecial type of enemy? lol?

You don’t even trying to understand what I’m saying here and attacking me instead by typing “Excuse me, who are you now?”.
I can introduce myself. I’m IveGottenSoLucky (known as IveGSL), a D3 player with over 10000 hours play time, 6000 of them spent playing Monk class, multiple Rank 1 by the end of season, currently R1 Barb EU… but all this irrelevant.
You’re missing obvious fact what Serenity doesn’t work the same way for all mobs in the game and honestly I don’t even know what else to say here.

1 Like

LOL, you are the one who’s suddenly asking me if i’m trolling, and you’re expecting me to try to understand what you want to share with me? Ineteresting way of thinking man, very interesting indeed. I don’t know where you learned that, but this not the way how you approach someone and open a discussion.

What exactly do you mean by that? That ghosts take squirts buff away, while other mops don’t? As far as i know, this was an old bug, which accured on every kind of shield, even the pylon schield, but it has later been fixed. Is it still happening? Can you post any footage of this?

Yes! It is in the very first post where he states there is a bug.

Have you not watched the 5 videos showing this in action? What have we been talking about this whole time?

Play them back frame by frame.

I am not convinced that Ghosts are the only cause, but they might be.

I have watched the videos, but they are not enough evidence. Even OP was not sure if that’s enough proof. You can also see on the second video, the monk is being attacked from the ghost on the door after the squirts buff goes away.

Evidence of what? What are you looking for?

1. Serenity is cast.
  2. Squirts stacks are gained.
  3. Squirts stacks are lost while serenity is still active.

I would think that should be enough to show that Serenity is not working properly.

Even if the culprit is only Ghosts, then they need to change the way Ghosts behave if they can bypass Serenity. Serenity is not fulfilling its promise to protect the player from damage.

The evidence that Serenity is not protecting the player is shown by Squirts stacks dropping off. This is in direct conflict with the skills’ description.

Therefore, this is a bug.

I’m looking for a clear evidence, that ghosts are the only one who are taking the squirts buff away.
If it’s not that case, then the question arises if the necklace is not working properly against any enemy type or if Serenity is working different than other shields.

Why does it matter? The entire argument has been about you saying that you do not think Serenity is bugged, and that protecting Squirts stacks was not implied by the items’ description.

Ghosts should not enter into it, unless we are talking about what actual piece of code needs to be changed.

Serenity does not do what it promises. Therefore it is bugged. If they need to change the way Ghosts behave to correct it, it is beside the point. Serenity makes a promise that it does not fulfill.

Let me stress why this is important.

The Devs do not visit the Bug forums. They have a Community Manager skim the Threads once per week, and provide them with a summary of anything the CM deems to be important.

When they skim a topic, they will check to see if the players came to a consensus about whether or not the issue is a bug.

99.9% of ALL reports on this forum are NOT BUGS. So they disregard 99.9% of reports if anyone gives them an excuse to. Also, it just makes their job easier. I would venture a guess that they report 1-2 new bugs/month even though there will be hundreds of new threads each month.

If the CM skims a thread and there are a lot of conflicting opinions with no clear consensus among the players, then the Devs will never even know anyone said anything about it because the CM will never report it to them.

If there very few players reporting a bug, and it looks like there is a lot of debate about whether or not it might even BE a bug, then they will certainly not waste the Dev’s time with it.

The Devs will never see this topic, and no one at Blizzard will investigae the issue because of your insistence that this might not be a bug.

So at this stage in the conversation, the point is moot since no one with the authority to investigate it will ever see this thread.

My friend, this is a forum, a place where ppl can exchange their ideas and views on a subject. If you guys want Blizz to take this whole Serenity-Thing very seriously, you should all write directly a bug ticket, otherwise you are wasting your time on the forum. Even when the Devs find a threat very important or interesting, they are not committed to answer to this threat at all. Hell, they are not even committed to fix any bug in the game. Take requiem cereplate for instance. This item has a very known bug, which exists since… i don’t know, the Existence of the item itself? So the idea, that the Devs will never see this threat because of me is just rediculus. But besides that, my only intention was to share my thoughts to OP, since he wasn’t sure enough if his videos were a solid evidence for a necklace bug, ghost bug or whatever you wanna call it. And if someone doesn’t like my opinion because of X reasons, that’s honestly not my problem.

Most online forums are like that, but since Blizzard only uses it as a place where their CMs can collect summary data about bugs, then if you use it like a typical forum, the bugs will just get ignored.

No such thing exists. This is a one-way bug reporting forum, it is the only place to report bugs, and it is not intended to be a discussion forum.

I agree with you, but that is how they have decided to implement it.

I understand, but again, this is not intended to be a discussion forum. Please read the topic stickied at the top of the forums where they describe what they are looking for and how to use this forum. How to Write a Good Bug Report

I understand you not caring what people think about your opinions, but it affect more players than just you if you are preventing the bug report from moving forward to the Devs.

If a CM were to actually read this entire thread, and see all the differing opinions, there is no way they would be able to summarize it confidently into a report for the Devs.

You mean an off topic discussion, right? It’s nowhere written, that discussions related to the things, where the bug appears, are not welcomed or allowed.

No, i don’t think you understand what i mean. I do care about other people’s opinion, otherwise i would immediately reject the possibilty of a bug, i just don’t care about ppl who think that i’m trolling or trying to make things harder for them.

But anyway, since our discussion began going out of context, i’ll stop it right there. I hope we will get some clarification on this Serenity issue.

It is not a matter of breaking rules or following guidelines, written or unwritten. It is just a matter of practicality.

Once there is a dispute about a bug or a lot of discussion about whether or not it is legitimately a bug, then the report is dead since it will never move up the chain internally in Blizzard.

That will not happen. I think Blizzard has responded to 5 bug reports so far this year, and they only respond when they are working on something that affects many players. They have never provided clarification about game mechanics that I have seen, and I have read every post on the Bug forum for the past 6 years.

Feel free to scroll down through the Bug Report forums and see how far you get before you see a blue response.

Not this forum. This is the Bug Report Forum. And this thread has become a discussion…   A heated one at that.

Just a reminder: How to Write a Good Bug Report

Quote:

Ground Rules

• Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.
  • We read every single thread that is posted on this forum. However, we will not always respond to every thread. If you do not get a blue response, please DO NOT bump posts. We will ignore and possibly delete any post that simply says “Bump” or demands a response from a Blizzard poster.
  • When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end.
  • Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are posted. If you have a duplicate thread, we will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed.
  • Please specify which character on your account experienced the issue you are reporting.
  • Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread. Don’t use bug report threads as a platform for discussing game balance, design, or to provide feedback or other subjective opinions about the game.

I think Blizzard’s QA Team has enough information here to check this issue out. Whether they do anything about it will be their decision to make.

1 Like