Squirt’s Analysis

After reading some of these last posts I realized I didn’t fully understand how squirt’s works. Or actually I didn’t take the time to actually read the orange text. This paints a very different picture in my mind how squirts will play out now.

2 Likes

One thing on the Hellfires vs Squirts would be the act of acquiring a good one of each.

Squirts is a naturally solid amulet - It always rolls with CHD, has the main stat roll, and has 3 other main stats.
Hellfire, on the other hand, only has 4 main stats. Of those, you always get a socket (Good), and main stat (Moderate). For the two remaining stats, the chances of them being good are slim - More often you’ll get armor, all-res, or other less-useful defensive stats on em.

So unless you have amazing luck, you are going to spend quite a bit of time farming up a good Hellfire Amulet - Keep in mind that farming Hellfire Amulets is extremely inefficient - You pretty much ONLY get the 4 crafting mats needed to make Hellfire Amulets, with maybe 1-2 Forgotten Souls and roughly 20 or so Vieled Crystals per run.

On the other hand, you get Squirts just from doing regular, highly efficient content.

The point I’m trying to bring up is this - How much Paragon and potential Item Reforges does farming up even a decent Hellfire Amulet cost you? Assume that each UBER run would have been enough time to do a speed run for the XP.

1 Like

Ive been using squirts in season. They are super easy to get with elemental and crits. I dont have the patience to make a hellfire although I might try a few and see what happens. The buff stays up a bit even without a shield pylon. I rerolled a star of az about 1000 times on ptr to get a 20/10/100 and it was great because most of the game damage is fire but i dont see one dropping like that anytime soon.

Hmm… well, running Ubers is certainly super boring. But, for both amulets, you’re ideally going to want 4 stats: CHC - CHD - Ele% - Socket. And one of those amulets rolls with one of those stats (Hellfire - socket) and the other rolls with another (Squirt’s- CHD). Of course, the Hellfire also rolls with that stat at 100% efficiency- you get 1 socket exactly in every instance, as opposed to Squirt’s where you might end up with 50% CHD, which is a big dps hit.

And, it’s actually very quick to gather up the machines in order to then run the ubers themselves for the Hellfire components. I think it’s maybe a 1:3 ratio in terms of time- so running keywardens for 15 minutes will get you enough machines to run ubers for 45 minutes.

But, you’re right that you can just accidentally find Squirt’s, whereas you have to actually plan for crafting Hellfires. And of course, in addition to those 4 main stats, you also need your Hellfire to give a good passive ability, which only happens about 20% of the time.

I’m pretty sure that’s impossible… Star always rolls with Str and CDR… only way to get 20/10/100 would be to give up the socket.

I guess it’s counter-intuitive, but I’ll see what dropping Molten does.

Even for running speeds?

Just to be clear, I’m not saying “Molten doesn’t help you maintain your stacks.”

What I’m saying is, “Don’t try to maintain your stacks. Stacks are bad. UNLESS you have a shield pylon.”

1 Like

If you’re talking about Rend, you shouldn’t need Stricken for speeds; replace it with Power or Gogok for speed GRs. Check the stickied Rend guide for more info.

Meteor’s point is that if you’re pushing with Rend, there’s no place to fit the Molten gem, and any attempt to do so is going to cripple your damage output.

2 Likes

Just to be clear here we’re talking about dropping weapon damage off the Rings, right?

No, I mean +dmg% on the weapons. Dual-wielding, a +10% roll on both weapons gives you +10% total. If you’re below 20k Str, then +2000 Str is better than +10% dmg.

1 Like

Ah, right! makes sense, for some reason my brain was thinking of +Physical Damage not Weapon%

Someone cleared 145 without condi. Cheater!!!

1 Like

Shield+Squirt’s for the GR is actually silly, I love that I have one.

https://i.imgur.com/L5AlDGw.png

2 Likes

Recently tried using Squirts on my HC ZR barb, had to take it off after 15 minutes of using it

Idk what it is but when i wear that amulet i get those 10 second game freezes MUCH more often.

I went from having maybe one every few days, or every few hours at worst, to having 9 in 15 minutes, proccing all my cheat deaths and almost ripping.

So yeah i won’t be using squirts again unless they fix that 10 second freeze bug that’s been happening for ages (the work-around is just too much of a pain for me to bother)

Doesn’t work for everyone but worked for me and a few others. You need to apply this everytime you log into D3. Might as well try it.

Task manager>details>set affinity>make sure only cores 0 and 1 are selected.

I’d be scared to death of using Squirt’s in HC. That’s a no from me, hoss.

Appreciate the advice chris, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me, dunno why this is taking so long for blizz to fix but really hope it happens soon

It’s actually not as scary as it sounds, as a melee you’re being hit all the time anyway, so the extra damage taken almost doesn’t exist because you take dmg too often to build stacks up

Only sketchy part is the start of the rift and taking that first hit from the first mob, but other than that its fine and basically doesn’t do anything until you get a shield pylon, but when you get that shield pylon it’s like its turned into a power pylon cus then you get squirts bonus at max for free

Only issue i’ve had with running this amulet is like i say, causing me to get those 5-10 sec screen freezes far more frequently

I am at 50,087 strength now. RIP my 2k strength is only worth 3.9% to me now. Also even as good as my hellfire is my squirts has better rolls. The only thing holding me back still from squirts build is I don’t have a good pair(perfect) quad gloves. I am in no rush for pushing hard though. My goal was to stay on page one(NA) throughout the era and clear 144 at a minimum for era 2021. I Have already increased my goal to 145 for 2021 with minimal fishing and pre switch to squirts.

1 Like

Yep, gonna keep getting smaller and smaller!

I do wonder whether this era will last the whole year, or whether there will be a reset along with the next patch. Would that alter your goals one way or the other?

I have already done a little fishing in 145s. Kav already would have a 145 clear if he had a proper condi. and not a speed pylon. It will be 145 now. I don’t fish one rift higher especially when I clear 143 in 13:28 with an average set of maps.

2 Likes