Spirit Barrage major nerf

So it looks like blizzard is nerfing the damage of Spirit Barrage by a lot. It’s going to do 1/3 of it’s current damage which is about a 7GRift nerf.

Is blizzard still using the non season clears before the previous nerf since they didn’t reset the leaderboard???

The highest clear I can see that’s recent is a 145 that was done on December 19th. Everything higher was almost a year ago before the pet damage nerf to Mask of Jeram effecting spirit barrage

3 Likes

This is a really horrible decision… Especially when Necomancers are doing at least double the damage of a WD (or ANY other class)… but yet they feel the need to nerf the best set the WD has ever had and NOTHING done to necros? This is really really bad news for the build… To make matters worst, we are going to lose the 4th cube slot which means we can kiss 10 stacks from the Sacred Harvester goodbye…

3 Likes

Yes and their explanations is ridiculous man. They say that they do this because it is way better than the other wd sets? Well, the other wd sets are crap right now. What about when compared to the other classes? What about the fact that we have to sacrifice 1 weapon + 1 bracers to get the same buff as every other class gets with one item only?

Lol, nerf mundu cause it is strong compared to helltooth and arachyr. What a joke. I swear the devs hate the class that they themselves created. Other classes get 6-digit multipliers and wd right now will go back to b - tier because reasons…But don’t worry, we can still get one-shotted by everything unless perfectly time our spirit walk, so some good old values will never change.

2 Likes

Would dearly love to know on what grounds they’re basing this change. I know they have access to stats we don’t but really hard from where I’m standing to get a clear picture of how Spirit Barrage is performing given that the era wasn’t changed after the last patch, and the confounding factors of the season theme.

2 Likes

100$ says the current non-season Era leaderboards. Even though those clears were before Mundunugu was nerfed by about 2.5x damage already. They never cleared the board, and I doubt they even care enough to look it up. It’s so sad.

3 Likes

It really is sad… I have NO IDEA why Blizz thinks this set was “overpowered”… do they even play this class?!? I mean it would be completely obvious that it is not the WD that is overpowered out of all classess…

If I may quote someone else’s post from another thread, I think this speaks with hard facts:

Adding the Americas realm stats (CLEARLY without question, WD is not overpowered)

These are the same stats for American realm:
barb - 120
crusader - 121
dh - 127
monk - 116
necro - 136
wd - 117
wizard - 124

number of GR150 clears
wd: 0 none
necro: 129

4 Likes

Just to clarify something for anyone that is new and reads this and he thinks ok the difference is not chaotic. It is. For every one gr the health of monsters goes up 17%. If you do the math for every 5 grs the heath doubles approximately. The difference of necro for example and monk which is 20 grs, that means that the necro is around 16 times stronger than the monk. I know that this is not very accurate in this case, since obviously monk can go way higher than 119, but… You can see these clears as kind of averages. There aren’t a lot of people who can devote their lifes to diablo and get 10k paragons but seeing for example how one class needs a gr116 to get to leaderboards and another needs a 136 should give you a very clear idea of how strong or weak some classes are right now.

3 Likes

They did not listen, this build is as good as dead. Updated PTR patch notes are out…

1 Like