Spirit Barrage and Enforcer gem

I did a couple searches, but found nothing recent. Do Phantasms benefit from Enforcer or is that gem useless for use with Mung set?

Thanks!

When the Mundu set was out, Enforcer worked with this set, butā€¦

But WD was too powerful, so after a ā€œlittleā€ nerf, this gem doesnā€™t work with Phantasms :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. Appreciate the help!

1 Like

Is it just with that gem or do other ā€˜petā€™ bonuses benefit the Manitou?

1 Like

Spirit Barrage is no longer considered as a ā€œpetā€.

Before, you can use Enforcer and Mask of Jeram, but nowā€¦ No

The ā€œoldā€ build:

Only phantasm is considered a pet, non of the other runes are ever pets. Ofc you gain phantasm from gazing. When you choose manitou, you have 2 separate runes and kind of 2 damage systems,

A manitou which ā€œfly in airā€ seeks out and destroy target

B phantasm that sit on floor spinning and damages target.

Whatever pet mechanics left only benefits phantasm dmg, that is att spd and skill% as separate multiplier. All other wd pet items are nerfed for phantasm.

SB is not a pet skill, only phantasm is treated with partial pet mechanic benefits.

Well, the real problem is that turrets and fire allies can definitely be pets, but it would be stupid to consider a phantasm a pet.

2 Likes

For some reason, I see the top Mundu builds using the Ring of Emptiness, which seems like a pet ring to me. So, do people only wear it for their own damage buff? I am not sure about that one.

Ring of Emptiness

You and your non-Fetish pets deal 279% increased damage to enemies affected by either your Haunt or Locust Swarm. (Witch Doctor Only) [250 - 300]%

I would imagine itā€™s due to the extra 300% damage to the WDā€™s own damage, i.e. a four times damage multiplier.

1 Like

Itā€™s for the damage buff.

Ring of Emptiness is now* used on pets builds (Arachyr, Helltooth) AND non-pets builds (Jade Harvester, Mundunugu, LoD Spirit Barrage).

* Prior to patch 2.7.2, pets did not benefit from the bonus.

:frowning: (20 characters)

Not sure why youā€™re frowning.
Itā€™s the exact text from the Game Guideā€™s description of the itemā€¦

When an itemā€™s power has a range, 250-300% in this case, the Game Guide picks a number roughly halfway between the minimum and maximum value and gives that as an example of a value you could get.

Oh, never noticed that.