Spider Queen's Grasp - % range too large

Corpse Spiders deals an additional 600-800% damage

The [600-800%] range on this is too large and makes it very hard to get a good ancient rolled item with a high %.

A range around 700-800 would feel a lot better and still make it challenging to get a good roll… the 600-800 though will hurt the build when we need to farm a million mats to hopefully get a good item… especially when there are much better builds to play …

Deathwish is (250-325) for example…

1 Like

The difference in damage between 250 and 325 is 21%. The damage difference between 600% and 800% is 28%. To have the same damage difference as let’s say coe (150-200, 20%), you’d have to have a 650-800 range. Doesn’t change much compared to 600-800 tbh.

1 Like

What changes is you have a much larger range of potential rolls when you re roll the item. It will be a huge materials sink to get a good roll if your not lucky.

Additionally… there are multiple other items that this build has that also have ranges for the skills. … gearing is will be a nightmare compared to other options…the effort is just not worth the reward…

Be careful of what you wish for it may come true.

Come live version, we have:

• Spider Queen’s Grasp​: Corpse Spiders deals an additional 600-700% damage and releases a web on impact that Slows enemies by 80%.

Barbarians are seen laughing all the way through the rift with Remorseless having 600-800% because they did not complain about it.

Plenty of weapons have this big variance in numbers. If needs changing, other weapons should change too.

Meanwhile Scrimshaw increases Zombie Charger by 6-7 times… So simple lol!

1 Like

I think the bigger issue with WD is the varience on all the items…

Unlike other classes… WD is dependent on 5 items with roll ranges… vs most other class builds that have 1 or 2 items max with varience… this makes WD exponentially harder to gear…

I think you completely missed the point. In a 600-800 range, getting a 795% item is as good (actually, better) than getting a 198% of 200% CoE (for example).
So if you can settle for a 198% coe, which is 4% chance to get (2 out of 50), you can settle for 794% Spider Queen’s Grasp, which is 3% to get (6 out of 200), so a bit harder but not that bad.

Note: there is already at least one precedent of a 600-800% item, with Caesar’s momento. It’s a monk bracer. It’s not that hard to get, although it is a bracer so it’s easier to get than a weapon.

I didn’t miss your point.

Let me say this in another way …

there are 200 possible chances per re-roll with Spider Queens Grasp… meaning you have a 1 in 200 chance to get a max roll.

Deathwish has 75 possible outcomes per re roll … hence 1 in 75 chance to get a max roll.

Next - you need to factor in the 1 in 10 chance to get an ancient / primal… and the odds are x% lower for you to get a max roll ancient with the Spider Queen weapon vs Deathwish.

laughs in condemn crusader

you never gambled for fryder’s wrath did you? thank god the blade of prophecy goes to the cube, because both items have 600-800% dmg rolls

If you get the medium roll for Deathwish you lose 9.53% of damage (you could have with the perfect roll). But if you take the medium roll for Spiders Queen’s Grasp (700% ) you would lose 12.5% of damage. Because you need to compare multipliers to damage the items give. Like with Deathwish - 4.25 vs 3.88 or Spider - 9 vs 8 multiplier. And to reach that medium value is harder for Spider Queen’s Grasp. So ziraat absolutly got his point.

The problem is getting worse when you consider the number of items that require getting high rolls for WD gear.

Pretty much this. Just about any item that offers a skill damage increase that large (800%), does so with a large variance similar to the newly added WD item (600-800%).

Just about any item that does so:

Cesar’s Memento:
Legendary Monk’s Bracers

• Enemies take 600-800% increased damage from your Tempest Rush for 5 seconds after you hit them with a Blind, Freeze, or Stun.

Vengeful Wind
Legendary Monk’s Fist Weapon

• Increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Wind by 10 and increases the damage by 600-800%.

Darklight
Legendary Crusader Flail

• Fist of Heavens now cast twice and deals 800-1000% more damage.

Faithful Memory
Legendary Two-Handed Sword

• Each enemy hit by Falling Sword increases the damage of Blessed Hammer by 60-80% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks.

Blade of Prophecy
Legendary Two-Handed Sword

• Two Condemned enemies also trigger Condemn’s explosion and the damage of Condemn is increased by 600-800%

The Gavel of Judgement
Legendary Two-Handed Mighty Weapon

• The damage of Hammer of the Ancients is increased by 600-800% and it returns 25 Fury if it hits 3 or fewer enemies.

Blade of the Tribes
Legendary Two-Handed Mighty Weapon

• War Cry and Threatening Shout cause an Avalanche and Earthquake. Avalance and Earthquake both deal 600-800% increased damage.

Wojahnni Assaulter
Legendary Crossbow

• Rapid Fire increasingly deals 75-100% increased damage while channeling. Stacks up to 30 times.

Frydehr’s Wrath
Legendary Crusader Shield

• Condemn has no cooldown and has its damage increased by 600-800%, but insteads cost 40 Wrath.

Also Remorseless and Spider Queen’s Grasp.

As such, this isn’t unique to WDs, that’s how it works with nearly any item that offers a potential 800% or more damage multiplier. So the only way I see that changing for Spider Queen’s Grasp is if the damage multiplier is lowered, and in return one of the other corpse spider items is buffed to compensate. Beyond that I don’t see them increasing the 600% damage portion, at least not without doing that for the other items that have a similar damage range increase.

Of course I did, I’m pretty sure my crusader Aria has it equipped right now if you bothered checking my profile.

That shield is hard to get not really because of the range bit because you need crit, ad, cdr and %condemn on top of it. By comparison, bop is way easier to get.

@Gilavar - the point was exactly missed because imo a 3% difference IS acceptable when comparing affix ranges.

it is 3% of muliplier not just additive dmg buff so it is not something insignificant. Also to get that middle roll for Deathwish is easier 1 of 75 than for Spider 1 of 200. The problems is there I don’t think we can argue over that. I don’t think there’s a reason to make WD gearing even harder considering WD is not a top class atm at all.