Speed Conquests + Loading Time

This may be answered somewhere but I didn’t find it.

For seasonal conquests like, say, Boss Mode where you have 20 minutes to kill all (most) the game bosses after starting the game, does this count the loading times for maps and the game itself? I know it considers things like Belial’s dialog.

I ask because, in some cases, when I select “Start” for the game, I’ll get at least 30 seconds+ (and it often feels like an eternity) at just “Loading…” before I even get a starter town map. Changing Acts typically causes a delay again; the total “Loading…” is typically 2-3 minutes which is ridiculous and is making it much more difficult to do this Conquest. Last (well this one) Season, my wife and I barely made it.

I imagine a Public game could be worse with low connection speeds and such. I don’t know. Never joined one and 99.9999% certain to not.

So, this is one area that’s kind of weird.

homerjnick said awhile back that he once completed Boss Mode well after 20 minutes had elapsed.

But at the same time, when we ran Sprinter some seasons ago, we missed it by only a few seconds, and that was from instant we clicked Resume Game to the finish.

Perhaps he was imagining things, or perhaps Boss Mode works differently, I don’t know. But typically, with these conquests, the instant you Resume your game is when the timer starts. And that includes loading time.

Fortunately, Boss Mode can be knocked out easily, even with all the loading times, if you play multiplayer, and have one person have a Sprinter Speed Build. Just remember though, that what that is, typically is significantly faster than your average Speed Build you’d use for rifting or grifting.

1. Krelm’s Belt
  2. Boon of the Hoarder + Wreath of Lightening
  3. Store portals in groups. In a group, split up and find bosses. Everyone teleport back to town. Now, run the first boss. Now, for the second boss, rather than teleporting back to town normally, you’d hit Down on the D-Pad and teleport back to town that way. Doing such won’t erase your old portal. It ends up being significantly faster to find 2-4 bosses at once, rather than trying to find each boss, one at a time.
1 Like

English is not my language, so the translation is:
I completed Boss Mode several times after 20 minutes (obviously loading screens are not counted).
But Sprinter accurately includes all loading screens, verified by many attempts.
Xbox One

I recorded it…it took much longer than 20 mins…

OK, thanks. Boss Mode is the only Conquest worth doing for me so if it does not count the “Loading…” screens that gives me a little breathing room.

It’s easy for all classes. Just do T10. Stack Movespeed and CDR (Warzechian, Rechel Ring, Wreath of Lightning) and use a build who 1-2 shots Boss.

Start with “hard to find”-Bosses first:
Urzael, Adria, Diablo, Butcher and Aranae. All other bosses are straight. Don’t loot. Destroy obstacles to procc Warzechian

Here is my solo kill list in 17 min with Barb.

Urzael, Adria, Diablo, Izual, Butcher, Aranae, Malthael, Siegebreaker, Cydaea, Ghom, Skeleton King, Azmodan, Rakanoth, Belial, Maghda and Zoltun

While we’re on the subject, during this Conquest and only this Conquest, after defeating Diablo, active skills like Sweeping Wind or Simulacrum are canceled, like ending a Greater Rift. It only sucks because, for some builds (like my Monk Justice Rush), I need those stacks of Sweeping Wind for speed and definitely need the little buddies for Necro.

I don’t have trouble with the actual speed… except for the annoying maps where one wrong turn ends it, especially hunting Adria.

That’s why, when you first enter the game, take a very quick look at the map and see if the longer to find bosses like Adria and Queen Aranaea are Bounties or not. If so, you’ll get a pointer to where the boss is when you’re on the map, which helps a lot. If none of them are bounties, exit the game, and re-start until you get one where one (or more) of them are bounties.

2 Likes

I have been able to complete the boss mode on seasons for the last few years when it comes up. I will admit it is pretty tight sometimes and I run all solo. However, the sprinter eludes me. I don’t know how to get that done solo. Is it even possible?

Pokeytoe has videos with every class running the campaign in under an hour.

But, for almost everyone, if you want to complete it, run a monk, which is far faster than every other class, especially on consoles. Then, you’ll just need to learn the campaign, as well as shortcuts. This just comes through practice. The conquest is far less about luck than people believe. Once you get things down, it’s actually a fairly easy conquest to knock out of the way.