Souls of dead people of Sanctuary

Hi, what happens to the souls of dead people/nephalems, do they exist somewhere or are they destroyed ?

1 Like

The same thing as happens to them in Europeā€¦

you havenā€™t seen the topic on the Russian forum yet
P.S. I became interested in this question against the background of the Shadowlands for WoW

The souls of dead people cannot reach heaven or hell, so the vast majority of souls go to the spiritual plane of Sanctuary, the Unformed Land aka Mbwiru Eikura from Witch Doctorā€™s lore, however others still remain on the physical plane having to be put to rest in peace by necromancers, there is also another plane beyond the spiritual plane of Sanctuary, the Realm of Tragā€™Oul, there is where the first necromancer in History was created and where the first generations of nephalem are.

Tragā€™Oul is not only the guardian of Sanctuary, The One Who is Forever has a connection with all the human souls of Sanctuary, to maintain the Balance, the necromancers guide the souls towards its realm.

3 Likes

thank you, exactly what I need :+1:t2:

Nice i suspected something about Tragā€™Oul and the witch doctor related too.

What about people whose souls were betrayed? It still grates that we couldnā€™t save Leah whose status is still up in the air after what Adria and Diablo did to her.

Without a necromancer to help them pass to the other side, they will not be able to rest in peace.

For Leah, there are people who can help her, but the Leoric lineage is very unfortunate and necromancers have a lot of work to do in the Pandemonium Fortress.

There have been few things that have given me as much satisfaction in this franchise as helping Lachdanan rest in peace, I want to believe that Tyrael and D3 heroes took care of the situation after Malthaelā€™s death.

I can not just look at the struggle between eternals, as pointless.

The fact is that Necromancer s only exist as a path of void. There magic only draws from a different source, in a time when there are other sources, that could have been used.

Incarnations, make folly of mortal beings, in this age, mostly because time the incarnation, is dead. They also are an incarnation existing within sands that measure there element. They refuse to accept the limits of there own power. Mortals are cursed by there altering of fate, and in most cases they damage lifelines, without consideration of those they manage to save.

In other terms, the only skill that could damage the enemy, was a final necromantic spell. Through the use of void, it was possible to project themself into the past of another magician, to try to complete the skill while the eternal conflict could still be changed.

Not sure if Iā€™m reading this right :face_with_monocle: but hereā€™s what I think about the Necromancers in the context of the Eternal Conflict.

The Priests of Rathma arenā€™t really interested in doing nice things. Itā€™s not their job to bring universal and unending peace to the worlds, itā€™s not their job to destroy the demon hordes and prevent the Burning Hells from influencing Sanctuary, itā€™s not their job to advocate for the High Heavens and make everyone virtuous, et cetera. The Priests of Rathma are devoted to maintaining that the process of dying keeps working properly.

Like morticians in a way. It would be weird if a mortician went on a killing spree because it would bring in more customers. That would be unacceptable, not because a mortician isnā€™t supposed to do that but because nobody is supposed to do that. It would also be weird if a mortician has to devote themselves to curing cancer and eliminating poverty. Not because a mortician should make sure people keep dying, but because a mortician shouldnā€™t need to have that kind of extra responsibility.

The Necromancers usually just do their job in obscurity and they do it without a moral compass, but they arenā€™t immoral. They are just moreā€¦ amoral than most.

In D2 and D3, the Necromancers took action only because the forces of Hell were wrecking everything. Itā€™s like a mortician went out to the streets and put up posters of an identified serial killer. They are doing it not because Necromancers should fight evil, but because anyone with ability should at that point. On top of that, a lot of people died at once and with pain, which does make their job harder.

(The specific Necromancer from D2 never really remarks how the Burning Hells need to be condemned and fought against as a Priest of Rathma. He just hates them and what they do on a personal level. Infernal influences piss him off not as a Priest of Rathma, but as someone who thinks thatā€™s not very cool.)

Another angle (which they might prefer) might be that requiring the Priests of Rathma to solve the issue would be pressuring the Judiciary to make decisions against other branches of a republic. Maybe the might of the law should prevent corruption, malfeasance, abuse of power, &cā€¦ But the Necromancers arenā€™t interested in being good or right as much as they are interested in being fair.

Necromancers are not simple morticians, Balance is their goal and they achieve it by maintaining the great cycle of being, and death is a natural part of this cycle.
Balance does not mean if one side is losing they have to side with them to balance the fight, something already discussed between Rathma (Linarian) and Kalan (Mendeln) eons ago.

They have played a key role in the Eternal Conflict since the beginning of the Sin War as defenders of Sanctuary, it is said that they move through the world guided by Tragā€™Oul, they go where they are needed, and it is clear that they are part of the counterforce to save the world from threats against the survival of humanity, but they are not puppets, they have complete freedom in their actions and despite the fact that in many cases they have lost their emotions, they are still human and can fall into darkness, with examples such as Lethes or Karybdus.

For those who where formerly a sacrifice, the gifts of Rathma, are some compensation. Largely because of magic, is in a state of entropy or decay. This is more of a point of view, than a fact following the schools of magic. Necromancy, as an emergence, is very different from other examples, of an emergence, that you may have seen.

In the current state of time, the scroll of the void gains greater importance. This includes regions not yet fully understood, still claimed by forces, and surrounding the void. The final skills, are considered to already exist in terms of the Abyss. That is far different than other magic.

To reach the abyss, a necromancer uses a system, to project more strongly into the Abyss realms, that boarder the void. Similar to the inferno, these regions are subjected to far greater forces, than most. Once forces are controlled, the technology and science has some form, that is fairly similar. A changeable hand held device, used to reach the abyss realm.

I wanted to know how controllers of magic, all had spells from this school. In many examples they use magic, from creatures they control, so what controls a wizard? I hope that example can reveal artifacts, that gave more control over the worldā€™s past, in how it was re-forged. Spirits seem to control other spirits. If there is a balance resulting in a grand conjunction, I am currently not aware of it. A time of awakening seems far more likely.