Something is not right about the barbarian's new set

it may seem hasty, but I played a lot with the thorn barbarian.

Moving enemies were boring to defeat.

depending on how this will work in the new build, I fear that even with the damage buff, it will not be a good option to use it.

I think it would be more interesting if the set bonus was activated by any threatening shouth rune.

I would also like this build to be electric.

Suggestion:
Due to the high speed and number of attacks per second, it could create a static electric field in the same area of ​​action as the threatening shout, paralyzing everyone within this area. Of course, respecting the rules of the group control.

Edit

I did some tests with the Threatening Shout and I need to admit that I made a mistake and I need to apologize to all of you and Blizz Dev Team.
Only the rune Terrify causes enemies to flee.

Trully sorry!
My bad!

7 Likes

“Oh no! The Barbarian is here! Run!”

As the mobs run away, the Barbarian chases them down to death.

Or they could change it from feared enemies to enemies under any Hard CC (frozen, stunned, feared, charmed, blinded, etc).

4 Likes

Even though I agree with you that the barb set seems like it is missing something but I just cannot put my finger on it. It is more than just the fear portion.

Maybe it is because it is just the second set that revolves around Primary Skills that they have ever done (first one was Invoker).

Or maybe it is because most other sets (the older ones) have a lot more text to them, while a lot of the new ones have a lot less text.

Dunno.

UE/Grenades says hi.

2 Likes

The only thing that I am iffy on about the Barb set, is the Fear mechanic.

Hopefully I am over thinking, but I really don’t want to run around chasing feared enemies, it just wouldn’t be the set for me I guess.

Being reluctant about the Fear aspect is valid, as I’ve never personally liked chasing enemies, either. There’s going to be a lot of start and stop going on with the style that could potentially translate into missed hits depending on the speed of the mobs themselves. The effect also becoming useless over time between CC resistance or even outright immunity on bosses is also a valid concern.

2 Likes

My dead Necromancer was a melee Necromancer. Right now I am working on making the Necromancer a tank! I think that would be really cool, even if I am unable to reach very high difficulty levels.

Something is rotten in the kingdom of Denmark… :open_mouth:

Raiment of a Thousand Storms say hi. It is the 5th set.

Probably more to do with the fact that it offers very little mechanics.

1 Like

Hold down frenzy, and chase feared mobs everywhere in frustration.

Yup, something seems off to me, too.

Yeah, UE was not designed for grenades.

If you are going on this path, then we also have MH grenades, Shadow grenades, Tal Rasha generator speed farming, etc… etc…

None of these were the purpose of the set, they were a byproduct.

Something is not right?
its just a 2p set for zbarb. they just had to do a full set so they threw something together that made absolutly no sense.

I respectfully have to disagree. This mechanic is not only wrong for Zbarb. It is wrong in any type of build that uses frenzy. Be it support, solo, trash killer or RGK.
Frenzy and Fear just don’t work together.

This mechanics doesn’t make sense for the new set and it doesn’t make sense for the new function of the Bastion’s Revered.

1 Like

i agree!
the fear mechanic makes absolutly no sense and i dont even care about the 4p or 6p bonus cause this set is completly garbage.
the bonus for shouts alone makes it a “must pick” for zbarb.
if the double damage effect on feared targets works for your party its absolutly monkaS and groups have the ability to abuse this.

I fear that this is their “intention” on the 2pc bonus…

1 Like

and do you remember the good old times when they said that they care about solo and groups :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, that is probably it.