Some Feedback for Arcane Orbit Post-Season

Been having a ton of fun with my DMO Arcane Orbit build this season. It was a build that I gravitated toward ages ago, the very first time I tried Wizard (I think this was something like season 13 or 14, maybe a couple seasons later?), so when I saw it was getting some love with set updates and the new seasonal mechanic, I came back to seasonal play after a pretty long hiatus.

All that said, I think the seasonal bonus for Arcane Orb has done a great job in showcasing an existing problem with that build’s throughput (at least, or especially for, Arcane Orbit). The damage on hit is there, but it comes out so slow. The sanctification has helped a lot with that.

So, I thought it would be cool if the Arcane Orbit rune got tweaked after this season, to something like “when you cast Arcane Orbit, detonate any previous orbiting Arcane Orbs, then conjure 4…” This would mimic the Sanctification a little bit, and would definitely buff throughput for Orbit (and thereby dps, but without buffing damage per hit).

Hm, I wouldn’t limit that to Arcane Orbit, though. The whole skill needs its runes rebalanced. I mean, just look at how Frozen Orb outmatches everything else. There have been plenty of ideas over the time to go at it already but they never even took a single step. Maybe they are working on it now, somehow. Who knows.

Anyhow, if the AO sanctified power or something similar to it was to become a new addition to the game after S27, then “Moonlight Ward” would be an excellent place to implement it.

They should also preserve the Magic Missle power. It’s fun to play with it and the skill needs something like that. Same goes for all signature skills, though. Especially the items for Electrocute need some love, and Shock Pulse is… well, you know :smiley:

Ron Ferguson kind of hinted at this on Twitter. Something about how the season is like 90 Day fiance.

Which I’m hoping means they’re going to throw worthwhile, successful sanctified powers on existing legendary items or just scrap them completely and try out new powers to see players like them.

• They can throw (more) additional missiles on the Mirrorball
  • arcane orbit on moonlight Ward
  • storm armor on stormcrow

And call it a day.