Solo z-Barb GR150 solo in seasonal PTR!

You know what Dev should’ve learned from this AD bug?

Make AD proc combat text another color so it’s much easier to identify and test in the future.

1 Like

You do realize this is exactly what Eggman did 2 theme’s ago and was account banned.

This was done in PTR so guess it’s cool but doing it in season to show how broken something is is bad?

lol, it makes no sense to me.

2 Likes

Damn, that was nice!

I hope they will not fix it. This is fun! This will definitely make me come back next season!! :slight_smile:

Didn’t see any lag…

They already said they will fix it at the end of the PTR. It looks nice, but what’s the point if ithe theme makes it possible to do a 150 solo a couple of days after the season starts?

1 Like

I know, but … i love it! :slight_smile:

My best favorite season was when Sorcs were kings with their Energy Twister, stacking them up like crazy! :slight_smile: I miss that season and the build.

That guy got banned because he had friends outside the GR gathering monsters so he could get kill streak stacks from outside the GR, which was obviously not intended and considered an exploit.

Rob did all this inside the GR solo on PTR, while the other guy exploited on live server, so there is huge difference between the two cases.

4 Likes

The point of a PTR is to show and test broken things.

The point of a season is to have fun and compete with a sense of moral and ethical values while following the TOS. These are all sufficient reasons for Eggman to be banned.

2 Likes

lol the nether tentacles nerf was like years before seasons were even a thing, iirc it was in vanilla d3.

The devs knows about AD is affecting the theme, they already mentioned it in the latest patch update.

But the devs decided leaving this broken mechanic in the PTR for now without been fixed immediately! i guess it indicates that they are working on a fix and the fix is probably not ready!, they mention it will be fixed before season goes live thou.

So the actual value of the season theme will go live completely untested. Typical.

1 Like

Unless they fix it and release a new update, I think some tested without AD and the theme damage output was not near or as strong as with stacking AD.

Yes, the area damage % is gonna get fixed but it doesnt solve the issue that this theme is way to strong for solo leaderboard pushing and way to weak for basically anything else.
I just went in another GR 150 on the same barb just without any area damage and still managed a 10 min boss spawn on my first key as zDPS.

I created a topic about it in the PTR Feedback Forum.

Even if area damage scaling is removed from the theme we will still have a full zDPS GR150 Solo Leaderboard!

3 Likes

I agree, there is no reason for keeping a broken mechanic in PTR, they acknowledge it yes, keeping it means a current fix is not available and they are working on it. Or they are still testing.

Keeping it will not allow to test the theme effectiveness and measure its power. I know the AD related to theme will be removed but …

It Seems there is a chance we will be having " The revenge of Zdps" theme … it’s the surprise that no one expected!!

They need to tune the theme damage output to be balanced on groups and on solo.

Which could indicate the theme has not went through an extensive testing before PTR and devs could be testing it during PTR with us.

That explains why they kept it as it is without removing AD that affect on the theme at the PTR update. “They are still testing with us”

Moral and ethical values in a demon slaying video game where players would chose to be spear chucking goatmen if they could so their ranged damage would be higher than any other critter or human player in the game??? Where do you people come from???

Please, give me white rings and hex charms like there were in D2 20 years ago. MY GOD, WE ARE KILLING DEMONS…

Moral and ethical values in life by the means in which you choose to play the game.

There is logic, then there is nonsense.

but you don’t kill demons. that’s just a piece of code and nothing more. there are books that describe demon as very strong (rather extremely strong that hundreds of special forces can kill very easily. because they do that around the clock) and clever creatures. demon will surely not run like a fool with ridiculous weapons on you.

No matter what Blizz Classic team does with the S21 Theme I’m certain we will end up with the visuals we experienced in PTR at the least.

ex: During the Necro beta I and many others complained that the ‘uber’ form of the Necro looked more like a pregnant armored fat man than a scary Necro.
Blizz said they would fix it.

I don’t know what they did, but the finished Necro looks no different, it’s a pregnant fat man in armor waddling through the rift.

So for same reason I believe we’ll end up with the visuals even tho the Theme does nothing otherwise.

have a look at ptr forum :wink: :grinning: barbarian still manages lvl 150 very easily. even with 0 AD. so if that’s not an epic flop. this is now a comedy.

I saw it a few days ago when Eggman did the fastest zBarb 150.

Like Rob said:

1 Like