Solo with Follower - best gears & skills?

Which of the 3 followers + gear combo would enable the best cloud control (cc), damage reduction, and damage enhancement? Before, I thought Templar geared with Thunderfury, Wyrdward, Unity, and Ess of Johan would provide best cc effect, but now, I’m thinking Enchantress since it has inner skills for cc, damage reduction as well as enhancement. I’m also experimenting gears with Sultan, Oculus, and Desire amulet. Anything to share here guys?

You’re getting close with the Enchantress as I play mostly Barbarian. The skills are very optional, but the gear does have a combo that can keep your enemies at bay. Wyrdward for Stun, Dovu Energy Trap to prolong Stun, Oculus Ring for damage, and Azurewrath enchanted to Lightning Damage. The other option for amulet is Overwhelming Desire.

Well since we are talking about a HC follower the Templar is the only viable one for me, he has heals, no others do and that is that. CCs may or may not be a hindrance to your build, for most of mine they are. I do not want monsters becoming immune because of Thunderfury, Ess, Wydward, and his Blocks etc so I don’t let him have any. Stack the hell out of his CDR to cap, In-Geom for those 10sec flurry of heals, Oculus with 80%+, his damage means nothing so who cares. Portable medic is good to go. If I do want CC from him, Thunderfury, Wydward, Justice Lantern, Ess, and Freeze of Deflection. Once again stack CDR on everything but now you put IAS on those items that can and Block on Justice, Freeze, and Relic.