Solo exp farming for GoD

Just curious what everyone’s thoughts are for how GoD compares to other classes for solo exp farming? I’m almost entirely a solo player myself and for s22 I went GoD initially since that’s why I’m most familiar with, before transitioning to Bone Spear doing 3min 120s with that crazy 4th cube multiplier.

Now that the 4th cube slot’s gone and GoD 6-piece got a small buff, I’m wondering what might be the best way to approach solo exp farming in s23? Was thinking about again starting with GoD before maybe transitioning to the reworked Firebird to try out that set (sounds like Wudijo had that set performing at or just below GoD for solo xp).

According to maxroll GoD will be the best XP farming build for solo

2 Likes

Just looking at the conquests this Season, GoD would be a great choice for completing the season and XP farming.

1 Like

FB wizard will run a bit higher, but slower. GoD will run a bit lower but faster.

If you’re going solely for max XP efficiency, this difference doesn’t matter much from that perspective.

There is one important difference though: even if the XP/hour is the same, running lower but faster means more drops, shards, and gem levels per hour.

If you are planning on farming 3k paragon, then a little higher but slower is fine. At that point, maximal XP efficiency is the more important goal. You’ll get enough drops and gem levels anyway, it doesn’t matter if you get less than you would with GoD because you’ll still be saturated on augments and gear.

If you are planning on playing a bit more casually, that’s where running faster but a bit lower could be helpful. If you are only planning to play until 2k paragon and want to push multiple builds so need multiple sets of augments, running a bit lower but faster means you’ll have more augs to use for the same amount of XP gained.

In my experience, there’s a bit of a range where you can run higher but slower and where your XP efficiency doesn’t change by much. You can pick something in that range and you’ll still be within 5-10% of your maximal XP/hour. If you go too much below that range or too much above it, your XP efficiency tanks, but as long as you’re somewhere in that range, it shouldn’t matter too much for most players.

Another thing to consider is that if you run lower but faster, you really need to be efficient in town. The faster your rifts, the more important your town efficiency becomes, since it shifts the ratio a bit from time spent in rift to time spent in town. If you are running lower but faster and you tend to dally in town, it can really tank your XP efficiency.

If you know you are someone who likes to dally in town, it may be better to run higher but slower. That forces you to spend more of your time in rift, so even if you do dally a bit in town, it hurts your XP efficiency less than it would if you were running faster rifts.

So it’s a tradeoff. More augs/drops/shards but you need to be efficient in town vs. less keys spent, more time running GRs and less impact from dallying in town. Pick your poison. It probably won’t matter much in the long run from a purely XP standpoint.

3 Likes

If I can figure out how to keep it alive, I’ll use it. But, I plan to use multishot primarily. I only plan to get to ~1000 Paragon anyway; maybe less. Not a whole lot left on my personal challenges and many of the in-game achievements are so pointless as to be ignored.

I expect to run around 15.5 GR 120s per hour (non season). That is with “town time” included (lvl up legendary gems, port to town, gamble, identify items, salvage items).

Most classes can achieve a similar rate of exp in solo (3.5-4T / hour). So pick a paragon grinding build that you can tolerate playing in repetition because falling asleep behind the wheel is the #1 paragon killer.

2 Likes

Just a quick note here: patch is live for PS4 version and it sounds like they really improved the delay with the revamped Teleport. Wondering how this changes the solo and/or group XP meta?

Edit: just tested it on PS4 with the aether walker and it plays like a faster version of blood rush. Not quite like dashing strike but much better than before.