Sockets on items Diablo III

A question for any Blizzard/Diablo 3 devs, can you have more than one socket on a weapon?

The answer is no. If your question is why you can’t or could you add more, it was probably a design choice since gems on weapons are a massive damage gain, having more than one would have made things even more ridiculous.

1 Like

Is there by any chance, a link that you could provide me to a post from the devs stating this? I’m trying to settle a debate with a friend who insists that their Odyn Son with three sockets isn’t hacked, and days that two handed weapons can roll with two sockets. Lol

Yes in the vanila version of the game it could hapen. Back than you could have more than one socket on a weapon.

No weapon post patch 2.0 can roll with more than 1 socket. Period. Doesn’t matter if it had socket on drop or recieved one by enchanting or using Ramaladni’s Gift, 1 socket is the absolute maximum. There are no exceptions.

As mentioned, during vanilla days some weapons could roll with 2 sockets (I think Manticore was one) and those were thus very desired.

Any weapon spawned after patch 2.0 that has more than 1 socket is hacked.

There also was (is?) a visual bug when looking at character profiles online that would show single-slot gear with multiple slots for gems. It caused a lot of confusion when people would see someone’s online character and wonder how they got 2 or 3 slots in weapons.

1 Like

I’m merely offering my opinion. I am not sure it has ever been asked or discussed

PS3 characters could have 3-socketed weapons, so it is theoretically possible a transfer occurred and the item remains legacy and legit. But, no new version of the same would drop.

Now, I want the original Echoing Fury with the APS bonus.

If you want some source on it, other than going to look at some itemization guides where it should be mentioned, show them a whole bunch of top leader board characters and ask them to explain how people who have all of that time invested into optimizing every little nuance of their gear never have weapons with more than one socket.

Not for the longest time it hasn’t been possible. Definitely not now on PC.

On console yes because everything can be hacked. So if you’re on console, your friend is a cheater.