Sockets in Quivers...Wut?

I just upgraded 3 Rare quivers in a row to what would otherwise have been great quivers, including one Ancient Rucksack, but for the stupid socket each one rolled.

Sockets are beyond useless in quivers. Unless they are modified to accept Legendary gems, they should be removed from the property pool for quivers.

3 Likes

I did find this quite weird. Socketed weapon, that doesn’t sound funny…socketed bag? That sounds funny.

1 Like

That quiver has been Bedazzled!

5 Likes

I feel you. I made 3 Captain Crimson pants with no dex or sockets…reminds me of that post you made awhile back regarding crafting items rolling like garbage!

2 Likes

I hate to be “that guy” but:

If they are so great except for the socket, then they would be even better if you rolled the socket to something else?

Or are they only great if you had been able to roll something else instead of a socket? If that’s the case, then they are simply junk to begin with. Any quiver can fall with two shat slots occupied with undesirables. One of those happens to be a socket.

I wish sockets were on more things, but hey, can’t have everything.

Game on.

6 Likes

And they usually do. I got Ancient Crimson pants with Vitality, no Dex, and no sockets. More than a few times. Useless.

Makes more sense to socket a bag that is not being used constantly and could break in combat shattering the jewel or the socket it is in.

Promise me that you won’t look at Multishot - you’ll just get upset. :wink:

1 Like

If you’re going to get Crimson’s, get the boots and the belt.

Yeah, I’ve said before, either gems should get new effects for offhands, or offhands should roll with 2-3 sockets.

Offhands should be treated as weapons. If you go to the Blacksmith to forge a source, a phylactery, a mojo or a quiver they are listed under the weapons tab. As such they should receive the + CHD from an emerald inserted in them. I know, people will say ‘that’s OP’d’ or cry ‘power creep’, but dual wielding classes can have 2 emeralds…

And I can hear Crusaders now ‘But what about shields?!’ That’s a whole other kettle of fish.

Exactly. Unless there’s a specific build that requires a non-set pair of boots or you already have perfect boots, I don’t see why anybody would want to craft the pants instead of the boots. The boots tend to roll better than the pants. The pants are just +6 random magic. They don’t have any guaranteed rolls to make them more desirable compared to the boots. The only other reason I can think of is a popular build guide website tends to always use the pants so people mindlessly copy that build without really thinking about what they are doing.

Yeah it is useless but with the massive amount of drops is it really that bad if you get useless stats on gear?

Sure it would be cool to have some effect or something but really it is not that horrible.

Yeah quivers are hard to get, they can roll with so many random affixes plus a socket that makes things worse. Same for phylacteries , mojos, shields i guess but somehow i found out quivers to be a pain most of the time. It’s better to roll the socket into an offensive stat.

The reason why you don’t get 130% CHD on an off-hand is because off-hands can roll 10% CHC. If you could socket an emerald into an off-hand and get CHD as the result that would mean using a combo of main hand + offhand, you’d get 260% CHD and 10% CHC, as opposed to dual-wielders just getting 260% CHD.

1 Like

Its like a secret stash in case u get searched.
At least that’s how i’d interpret a secret compartment in a carry on.

Like if im going to a MK64 tourny, im bringing DKR64 in my stash bc it’s clearly supreme in all aspects. Duh. But on the way to tourny, u can hide other things in your stash within the stash like secret things.

A bit off-topic here, but does Yang’s cost reduction add to Crimson’s damage reduction?

I told you not to look so you’ve got no-one to blame but yourself.
Would it help to let you know that I haven’t played that DH in months?

Squeezes salt and lemon juice into the wound, then runs off giggling.