Socketing a weapon?

so the only thing i have left for Season 29, chapter 4 (11 of 12 completed) is rerolling a weapon to have a socket…
ive been at this roughly since after S29’s release… and i have yet to see anything (armor as well) give me the option to socket from the Mystic!
my RNG sucks or i might be missing something?

You need to have Myriam the mystic enchant any primary weapon property to a socket. She tends to be quite uncooperative at times. Just use a rare (yellow) weapon to keep the costs down (mat’s & cash). If I remember correctly it doesn’t even need to be a level 70 item. Happy hunting, Nephalem.

5 Likes

The best method is to craft the lowest level yellow dagger at Haedrig (smith). Then roll one of the top 2 stats on that to a socket. It will usually take less than 5 tries to get socket on that level of item. To be sure you can click the button at Miriam in Enchant which shows which rolls are possible for that slot and be sure it includes socket in the list.

5 Likes

thank you both for your responses… will give this a try for sure!!
/crossfingers

4 Likes

I don’t think the lowest level weapons at the Smith have a socket option to roll. I usually use a weapon from the mid-30s. Make sure that it does not already have a socket. Those won’t work.

They absolutely do have the option. I have used the lvl 16 journeyman dagger (yellow quality) every single season to complete that objective. I can think of only one time that it took more than 3 tries to get the socket. The stipulation is that it must be the yellow quality items.