So whats your opinion on The Masquerade nerf?

I knew its was coming and it really needed a small nerf, but wtf are they thinking, Its jumped from 10000% damage for you and triple for Sims, to 6000% damage for you and Sims. The devs only know two ways to fix and balance classes and sets, too little or too much.

1 Like

Blizzard has spoken, give us your money for the DLC and get lost, they arleady had a bad enough time balancing 5 classes, apparently they can’t be arsed to balance 6. (i know there are 7, we don’t talk about witch doctors here…)

Rant aside, personally i didn’t like the bone spear set, i never liked the skill, but i recognize it’s power. it needed a nerf, but it still deserved to exist. with this, another necromancer set has been consigned to the “LoD is better” dustbin. at this point in time, i’d even go as far as to say that necromancers don’t even have a single viable set. LoD can do EVERYTHING better. the only utility provided by the sets is the new rathma’s (which is an abomination) ability to spam army of the dead, and that set died the moment pets were removed from it., everything else is useless garbage.

1 Like

Its a 10 tier nerf, ooofff, goodbye

1 Like

It just an opening salvo.

It will probably be adjusted during PTR.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Everything the set represented is gone. I hope to just find a middle ground somewhere between this nerf and what it was so it doesn’t get ruined. It was fun to play a fast, mobile, tanky, and strong necro set without having to get ridiculous cooldown reduction and rely on Lotd and they though you know what ? Nah, that should be played as lod too.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a nerf that literally destroys the only viable Necro build. I am going to delete my character and clear all the Necro gear as none of it is viable any more. RIP Necromancer :frowning:

1 Like

I would have been okay if Blizzard were to buff the rest of the sets. But they didn’t. And I am not happy. That should have been their number one priority. Instead, they killed fun.

2 Likes

One can only hope that they’ll adjust it mid-PTR.

I really wonder why Blizzard seemingly only knows how to operate a sledge hammer, when they should make use of surgery knives…

Not that this would be the first time… remember (first iterations of ) nerfs to WW/Rend, Mundunugu WD et cetera?

As an aside (I know this is Necro forum, but…) has anybody tested the AoV Sader on PTR?

My opinion?

Necro now has no playable sets and is forced into Legacy of Dreams.

3 Likes

I tested it for some speed content and as it is right now it’s pretty bad. Sure, I don’t deny that it needed to be tuned down a bit. There is clear evidence of how strong it was if you look at the leaderboards. But…

To pummel it? Why? I don’t understand Blizzard’s obsession of making every Necro set garbage. This set did so many good things for the necro that were missing for years. It is accesible, easy and straightforward, no cooldowns, no land of the dead, no clunky “empty your essence”, “use 5 poison spells” mechanics, it has toughness which is a big negative of the class in general (well technically it still has toughness), you can add mobility there for speeds, you can mix other sets and have different playstyles with the runes… Now what ? Play more Rats for paragons or push with the boring scythe LoD or the Land of the Dead (again) explosions?

4 Likes

holy truth… BS was a funniest necro build and they ruined it… i have no idea what Im going to play :disappointed:

2 Likes

For me masquerade was in a good spot after the lost of 4th cube slot. Bosskill on 150 solo is like 5min without powerpylon on most bosses (p6k)Means you needed a almost perfect grift to complete it. People have been making 150 since starpac wizard era and going back to like max 140 when all your gems are 150 is just booring and too late for a game in this time of age. The nerf caravan is going on, next stop firebird.

1 Like

I really think what the devs where doing is they didn’t want a replay of season 22, where the seasonal 4th cube caused Necros to dominate the leaderboards. With the MoftBC set at before nerf stats and a etheral it would have been the same scenario over again. So they said lets nerf that necro set, but as in Blizz fashion, they over nerfed. I believe they didn’t want it top tier this season, so other classes and sets could hit top tier and also they didn’t want it to outshine their new and improved sets. Unfortunately they kill the set they nerfed, from ever being top tier again.

Finally a fun straightforward necro build that rewards good positioning, the most fun I had in forever with this class.
And I just discovered about it last week :frowning:

1 Like