So what is the seasonal theme for S23?

Guess what, if they said a plate was a pancake, that doesn’t mean you’d put syrup on it and eat it for breakfast. Just because they said so, doesn’t make it so. Words already have meanings. Using them wrong doesn’t change their meaning.

5 Likes

It does in this context because it’s their game and they are defining what those words mean in it.

Starts before the season does.
Affects non-seasonal heroes.
Lasts after the season ends.

I don’t care who says that’s a seasonal change, it’s just definitionally not.
They don’t get to change the meanings of words, sorry.

6 Likes

omg, then I guess people will not be satisfied with it.

Something that helps the already top classes become even stronger and weakens let’s say witch doctor, for example, would certainly be welcome.

1 Like

Season 23: [More reasons to play D2R] or [Yet another nerf intended to drive players to a peripheral game].

Actually, they do.

It’s a game. The word “Season”, is whatever Blizzard defines it to be. It is not to be confused with our definition of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. It is merely a term Blizzard chose to represent a period of time for Ladders and Leaderboards in Diablo II and Diablo III, respectively.

D2 has Seasons too. They last 6 months. When the Ladder is reset a new Season begins. There are no new rewards to earn.

D3 Seasons last roughly 3 months and it’s whatever Blizzard wants it to be.

They didn’t have to use the word “Season”. They could have used “Period”. “Period 22” is about to end and “Period 23” will begin shortly thereafter.

It’s just a word, a term… used by Blizzard… in a gaming environment. And Blizzard gets to define: “This” is a “Season” in D3. And “this” will be the “theme” for “Season” 23.

You can either believe it or not. And whether they change it will be their decision.

They’re going to reject something on us?

They could call it a Season, a Ladder or a Period and it could last a week, a month, a quarter, a year, or a decade. Regardless of what they call that, or how long that lasts, the Follower changes happen before that starts, affect heroes that are not part of that, and will still be in effect after that ends.

So, regardless of whether they call it Season, Ladder or Period, the follower stuff isn’t a theme for it.

4 Likes

Yep, follower revamp is a FEATURE not a theme. You would think Blizz would at least do double bounties or goblins from the start since we know we’ll be getting one of them 6-8 weeks in anyway.

2 Likes

They should just give S23 - Double EXP as a seasonal theme.

With this, even without follower revamp, I will play S23 for a long duration.

2 Likes

There’s a player on EU with around 9400 paragon this season. If they’d had double XP, that would put them on around 11800 paragon. Good luck competing with that.

I don’t compete with others. I play D3 for fun.

3 Likes

Then I’m confused. Why do you care about XP gain rate if you’re not competing against anyone else?

1 Like

NO this is not interesting! They should do “All your followers cannot die” as a seasonal theme and then we can easily use other items special for followers (Vadim’s Surge, Hand of the Prophet, Slipka’s Letter Opener, Ribald Etchings, Hillenbrand’s Training Sword, Relic of Akarat)

this is really easy! please Devs do it! :smiley:

1 Like

Broken builds and over corrections. Just like every season.

I just like to see my D3 character paragon number goes higher.

I’m just here wondering why so many people are so hung up on themes?

Half the time I completely forget that clones are a thing this season. Sure, the 4th cube slot is nice, but saying you refuse to play this season because they haven’t announced a “proper theme” seems a little … immature?

No, it just means that because there’s no theme, I find little point playing low-paragon seasonal heroes when I could be playing high-paragon non-seasonal heroes. I’ve had seasons before where there was a theme and not played it either. The season with all the weather effects had such dramatic lighting changes that despite how powerful the theme was, the headaches that caused me meant I played for a couple of days, got the Guardian cosmetics, and stopped.

I wasn’t specifically targeting you Meteorblade. Playing non-season with higher paragon toons I can understand.

When people say they are outright not going to play D3 for 3 months if there is no theme, it’s pretty telling of their mentality.

1 Like

Season 23 is really called Rise of the Pathetic Worthless Follower

2 Likes