So what is the seasonal theme for S23?

Nothing specific, just wondering what the seasonal theme will be. Hard to imagine that the design team is able to finish that within 2 weeks and conjugate it into PTR.

Follower Revamp is the Season 23 that will happen in NS and Seasonal at the same time.

4 Likes

I’m actually a little bit glad they’re concentrating on doing some permanent upgrades rather than a theme lasting one season. Because of that there’s a greater chance it’ll be actually functioning correctly.

S21 and S22 themes have had some serious issues which were in both reported already during PTR testing. Were they fixed? Nope, despite an assload of feedback both themes were never fixed.

8 Likes

Currently, there isn’t one.

1 Like

The reset of the non-season leaderboard? :joy:

1 Like

I’m guessing you will get all 3 followers and double XP bonus

lol this is a good one

So what’s the incentive for playing next season? One guaranteed primal for beating a GR70, 2 pets and 1 portrait frame for completing the journey? That’s hardly enough for players to go on for more than one week next season.
Oh, I almost forgot there would also be an extra stash tab if you’re not already maxed out. They need to increase the stash tabs limit on PC, 13 is not enough and most people are already maxed out so it’s less tempting to play a season if you can’t earn an extra one.
If there’s no seasonal buff, no difference from non seasonal game, I’d rather play my already geared up higher paragon toons than starting fresh.

3 Likes

Maybe they’re going to spurn something on the community in the 11th hour!

im sure they have something all planned and ready to go

Looks like what we have now is what we get.
blizzardwatchDOTcom/2021/03/09/diablo-3-season-23-no-theme/
(Can’t post links.)

Pretty lame imo. I like to play co-op with a few of my friends and this does nothing if not deter my desire to want to play. I like the follower changes, but they’re pointless if you play with friends. We’ve already talked about how it’s going to be more efficient to split up when we farm for mats/keys due to the cain’s/sage’s/nems on your follower. Depressing.

i guess that the next seasonal theme will be related to our followers

it is not surprising that season’s theme has not yet been shown, because first we need to test the followers themselves
:thinking:

1 Like

TL1 fixing it for you. Why we always gotta depend on the TL3s?
http://blizzardwatch.com/2021/03/09/diablo-3-season-23-no-theme/

1 Like

It has been shown. We are testing it. It’s the followers. They have said it many times now and it’s been confirmed a bunch.

1 Like

sad news :disappointed_relieved:

It’s a hell of a lot better than “snowballs and broken firewalls”.

1 Like

But it’s no better than all three followers permanently in a solo game :wink:

Thanks, I just noticed the embed icon after you fixed it. Sorry, I’m a n00b at these forums. (Not even sure what TL1/3 is.)

You’re not wrong, but it’s pretty depressing for any of us who like to play with friends. I was really hoping for something more. I am glad that they’re doing more permanent changes which ideally are better thought out, though.

1 Like

Yes, PezRader said on Twitter that the Follower changes are the theme.
There’s just a tiny smidgen of a problem with that narrative…

1. The changes come to non-seasonal in Patch 2.7.0 which is implemented days before Season 23 starts, i.e. it starts before the season does
  2. The changes come to non-seasonal and seasonal heroes
  3. The changes are permanent, i.e. it doesn’t end after the season does

It’s not a theme, no matter how many times they say it is.

5 Likes

It’s Blizzards game. If they say it’s a theme, guess what? :grimacing:

1 Like