So what builds can take advantage of the season 20 buff?

Only benefits 1 classes popular dps spec. Plenty of LOD builds can make use of the seasonal theme.

Also, people put too much stock in CoE, when there are other legendaries they can take that benefit them more in terms of damage… its a 40-50% damage gain overall, and some classes have other items that would benefit them more. People will find out different builds and ways to use the cube as time goes on. But nobody is currently looking outside of the “main variants” of builds.

Please share it. I have heard many people said this but never give the example or info to back it up.

Their is over 1 thousand possible builds! If you plan NORMAL. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No, even with Aughild you still need Aquila. I managed to reach 120 solo using both and I was still dying a few times.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it will mix up pet builds. I can just see the pet speeds with 3 Tasker and Theo equipped, plus one on the character. Or 3 Cloak of the Garwulf on a Demon hunter for 9( 12 if one equipped) wolves. Really considering running a Marauder Demon Hunter this season.

1 Like

No, it has already been stated items in cube are not self additive or multiplicative - one of each item only.

1 Like

Still only one of each. You could however, have a Tasker and Theo, Jiren’s Mask, Cloak of Garwulf, etc. since you normally only have a single armor slot.

I don’t think DH’s can use Mask of Jeram. It’s a Voodoo mask.

2 Likes

Well, off the top of my head, more LOD classes can make use of 2 weapons in cube for better uptime on their major CDs, such as Messerschmidt’s Reaver, or In-geom. Personally, I plan on using 2 LOD crusader builds in season 20. One for GR pushes, the other for speed farming (GRs/bounties/regs)

The biggest issue with this seasonal theme? Is that people can’t think for themselves and rely on cookie cutter d3planner/youtube builds, instead of just joining PTR and testing stuff out. Let alone USING d3planner themselves to create a build and then simulate it. Or think “hmm, if i take DR here, here and here, I should be able to survive while also doing XYZ to do damage” People are lazy with this game and want to complain about the seasonal theme, while also doing ZERO prep on their own to figure out what they can do to modify their build, or play a different build and push it to its limits. Stop focusing on the leaderboard and trying to place top 5. You’re not gonna. Bots are going to beat you every.single.time. Just like every other season. Just enjoy the game and use the armory to switch between sets for what you’re doing. It’s not hard to use your brain.

Your sarcasm while not actually having a D3 account is adorable.

You realize you’re asking for the impossible, right?

What classes that you are talking about? I am struggling to decide which class to play for S20 that allow me to utilize the theme to the fullest here.

Some example or recommendation?

1 Like

It’s called having it on private. :joy:

Oh and thought i would link this because its a necro build i was theorycrafting.

Anyone can play the same class in a GR, then before you end it in town, use the armory to switch to a farming variation for pools or some othe reason by using the armory. I regularly switch from several class/build variations when playing. Most players don’t take advantage of using the armory for all of what it can do. You can’t change classes, but certainly use multiple builds from the same class. :wink:

I’m aware of that…I was being snarky.

No, it’s called you don’t have an active account. It would state that it’s on private. Why are you on forums complaining about a game you don’t actually play?

1 Like

I’ll give you a hint, because I’m not going to share the build I’ll be using… but CoE is easily replaceable if it’s in your build. As well as a lot of other legendaries that don’t carry as much weight/value as other potential options. Think along the lines of CD reduction weapons, DR armors, dmg increase things… some stuff outside of season 20 is just “filler because nothing better can go in X slot in the cube” but there ARE better options for a variety of builds…

Mostly tweaked versions of the same old crap. I haven’t found anything unique to the seasonal bonus that can’t be played well without it.

2 Likes

S20 theme is basically you lose “damage or toughness” for another “damage or toughness”. LOL. Whoever pitched this theme at one of their D3 development meeting should never be allowed to pitch another idea honestly.

3 Likes